Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Christmas Kickstart #36 - Birds at Christmas

Hello friends.  I am honored to be a Guest Elf at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge and the prompt is to use a BIRD on your Christmas card.

I had a brand new stamp set to use for this challenge after being enabled by my sweet friend Loll...it's called Cozy Cupfuls by Marcella Hawley (Power Poppy) and I couldn't resist the little Cardinal image!


I actually did a little surgery on my stamp and snipped off the 2nd Cardinal on the stamp...it's photopolymer so easy to cut off  but still able to use the full image whenever I want.  I inked it up with Versafine Black Onyx and then heat embossed in clear so I could Copic color the image in one of my favorite Christmas color combinations.  I used the smallest of the Crimped Frame Dies from The Greetery on my image and then layered with a piece of Aqua Mist cs, and then added a piece of craft foam behind that before layering to a embossed snowflake layer (Darice), another Aqua Mist layer, and a white card base.  A little bit of jute twine and a few clear sequins (PPP) finished off my sweet little card.

You can check out the inspiration from Jo right HERE and then play along with us!  This challenge is open till the end of the month, so play along with us and get a head start (if you haven't already!) on those Christmas cards...December will be here before you know it!  Just sayin...

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card, Marcia, and I'm sooooo happy to have you as my elf for the next two weeks, Jo x

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Marcia, love the layers and the embossing.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Congrats on being a guest Elf, Marcia! Just love your sweet cardinal on the cups!! Great design and I love your "surgery" - I do the same thing all the time :)

Birgit said...

Congratulations on your guest design spot! So fun!! Your card is adorable. I love the sweet image and your favorite color scheme. The embossed snowflake background. is so sweet and just perfect for your darling card!!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Marcia! You wear your elf hat with style!

Cindy C. said...

Super cute card! And I love the color combo taken from the Christams Kickstart challenge banner image!

Anita in France said...

Such a sweet and pretty image, Marcia ... you've showcased it wonderfully in those fabulous colours ... and with that snowy background texture! Congratulations on Guest Elfing! Hugs, Anita :)

I Card Everyone said...

Congrats on your newest hat, Marcia! Such a darling card, and beautiful stamp! We couldn't have Christmas without a sweet red Cardinal, could we?
=]

Colleen said...

Fabulous friend, you are going to have your stash of Christmas cards for sure, you are going tot own with Christmas! I love this image!

Lisa Elton said...

Yay, congrats on guesting, your card is fabulous! Love the colors and that darling image. That's my favorite snowy embossing folder!

Kara Lynne said...

That is a darling little cardinal and I love how you paired him with the aqua and white! So frosty and cheery, Marcia!

Bonnie said...

Your pretty cardinal is perfect atop the stack of aqua tea cups, Marcia! Love the crimped edges and embossed background! Congratulations on being Guest Designer at Christmas Kickstart, my friend!

Bobby said...

There are those wonderful little bits of borders that you do so well, Marcia. I'm still looking for a trimmer that will do that without hurting my hand. Darling card and congrats on the guest design assignment.

Loll said...

This is so sweet Marcia! I LOVE the colours you've used for this adorable image. And I LOVE the framing with the soft blue card stock and the card front with white embossed falling snow. So much gorgeous texture and dimension. xx

Loll said...

... and congrats on being Guest Designer at Christmas Kickstart! xx

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty and creative Marcia - congrats on being invited to wear the elf hat too!