Thursday, March 18, 2021

A Little Bit of Easter

Hello friends.  Just a fun post today playing with some new goodies and getting ready for Easter.  And Spring!  I've seen my first Robin and we've been having lots of sunshine lately, so it definitely makes me feel like celebrating!!

First up is a card that uses some Pinkfresh Studio products and a sweet bunny die cut from Tim Holtz that my sweet friend Birgit gifted me with last year, and I'm finally getting around to using!!


I started by making my background using the Argyle Stencil from Pinkfresh Studio, and then layered it onto a white Postal Frames Die cut from The Greetery.  The wreath is also from Pinkfresh Studio (Overlapping Leafy Wreath) stencil and a little hard to see but done with 4 different green inks.  I added foam squares behind the wreath for some dimension and then added the bunny die cut (Tim Holtz) that I also sponged some Soft Suede ink around the edges of.  My sentiment (The Greetery) was embossed onto vellum , and I finished the card with a few green gems added to the wreath and some white crochet thread.


This card uses all stamps and dies from The Greetery including the new Bunny Hop stamp & stencil set.  I was so inspired by Kelly Lunceford and Heather Nichol's beautiful cards during this past release...Kelly used the Square Dance Stencil as backgrounds for so many of her Easter cards and of course Heather's use of Kraft and white always inspired me!  I also used the new Crimped Circle Dies and also the BotaniCuts: Carrots (LOVE these carrots!)


 I made like a bajillion carrots, so of course I made a couple tags to attach to our grandbabies Easter baskets.  Used the Window Paine Plaid background stamp for the tag backgrounds, and also added a little bunny to each from the Bunny Hop stamp set.  


I told ya I made like a bajillion carrots, so I used some of them up on a new Easter banner and I just love how this turned out!!  I made each of the pennants from a quarter piece of kraft and dsp and then decorated simply with the Window Paine Plaid background stamp on the 3 kraft pennants, and then simply added the carrots and bunnies to each one.  Here's a closer up view of 3 of the pennants...


This is one of those times when I really, REALLY wish I had a fireplace to hang this sweet banner from, but made do with a large framed mirror we have in our hallway, and it does look pretty good there!  

Edited to add:  Entering my 2nd card into the Inspired By Challenge where I was inspired by the bunnies and Easter theme.


Thanks for sticking with me this long and letting me share some of my latest creations!  Hope this Spring like weather we've been having has inspired you to get creative too!!  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Spring is in the air and you've captured it perfectly Marcia! Both of your bunny cards are delightful and those tags, darling. But your banner takes the spotlight for me, it's so CUTE!

Cat Craig said...

Oh my word you are ready for a party, Marcia and all your cards, banners and tags are fun and festive.

Colleen said...

Oh how fun, I love all your cards, your use of the stamps and dies from The Greetery is inspiring!!

Jane B. said...

So glad I came across your work on Instagram. I had to visit your blog and learn more. Love each one of these projects. I see a lot of fun and a lot of happy!

I Card Everyone said...

Hippity hoppity, come ON Easter! You are ready, and waiting, Marcia! Such wonderful projects... sure happy that little bunny wreath hopped into our Inspired By gallery! SO darling! xx
=]

Birgit said...

Oh where to even begin....... Every one of your Easter creations are just adorable! I am so in love with the banner and tags you made using those oversized carrots. I'm so wishing I had gotten those dies now. My ever faithful, enabling friend. ;0) The first card is adorable with that jolly dancing bunny. I love the background and wreath that you've nestled him in. The second wreath card is equally adorable using more amazing sets from The Greetery. This whole post has me hopping for spring!

Ros Crawford said...

What fabulous creations!! Loving that banner and I'm sure it looks fabulous wherever you have it!

Kara Lynne said...

Fabulous Easter cards, tags, and banner! You forever inspire me with your wonderful layers and darling designs! Now I'm thinking about making some banners!

Bonnie said...

It looks like you've had so much fun with your Easter projects Marcia! Love the card with the TH bunny holding the vellum banner! And the wreath with the bunnies circling it is fantastic! Love the garland of pennants too! That's an awesome carrot and so perfect with your bunnies!

Danni Reid said...

I couldn't choose between your paper hugs and banner, these are so perfect and special for Easter. Your designs with The Greetery goodies are beautiful, showcasing those cute bunnies and carrots so beautifully. Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

Loll said...

Adorable creations Marcia. Looks like you had a lot of fun with these Easter images. LOVE the two cards. The first one with the bunny is adorable. The argyle stenciling in the background is so cool! And the wreat is adorable with the bunnies chasing each other around. :) That's what it looks like to me. Super cute! Great way to use up all those amazing carrots to make two tags (adorable!), and the fun banner. Great work Marcia! xx

Anita in France said...

Looks as though the sunshine and thoughts of Easter have brought you even more genius creativity than usual, Marcia (there's always so much of it already!). Such delicious designs and fabulous projects ... cute, fun and wonderfully whimsical! Keep enjoying that spring time weather! Hugs, Anita :)