Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Color Hues #14 - Black & White

Hello friends.  Playing with the current Color Hues Challenge today and they are looking for cards that are BLACK & WHITE.


I have a "twofer" for you today using the incentive sets from Gina K's last 2 releases that I hadn't had a chance to ink up yet, and thought they would both look great embossed in white on black cardstock.  Take a look...


These tulips (Spring Tulips - Gina K) were from 2 releases ago, and I simply embossed them in white on a piece of black cardstock, and then framed them with a piece of white cardstock that I ran through with SU!'s Subtle embossing folder.  I matted with a piece of black and attached to a white card base and then decided to leave it alone as it looked so pretty in it's CAS state!


 My 2nd card uses the incentive set from Gina K's last release and is called Watt's Up.  I made it the same as my first card except for using MFT's Peek-A-Boo Rectangle Die to frame around the embossed light bulbs, and because I smudged my sentiment, I embossed it on a black strip and used a strip of foam tape on back to give it some dimension...I sure have become accomplished at fixing up boo-boo's!!  Haha!!

Lot's of fabulous and STUNNING inspiration from the DT using BLACK & WHITE, and in the gallery already too!  You can check it all out and play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 29th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



16 comments:

Jeanne H said...

Excellent black and white cards! I really like both of them.

Susan said...

Love your black and white cards - so classy and elegant!

I Card Everyone said...

Man another tulip set??? OH do I love your cards, Marcia! So fabulous in that classic black & white!
=]

Bonnie said...

These black and white tulips are stunning, Marcia! An awesome card! Love the punny saying with the lightbulbs! Another classy card using black and white!

Lisa Elton said...

Two black and white winners Marcia, these are fantastic! Those tulips!!

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, Marcia. So eye-catching.

Mac Mable said...

You had me at the first card Marcia, as it is so classy and wonderful to see the tulips in the black and white and then I scrolled down and saw the second ....genius my friend x.

Ros Crawford said...

They are stunning Marcia! So elegant and so flawless! I love them!

Karen said...

I love both cards! And that Peek-a-Boo frame is one of my favorites. The narrow black frames on both cards sets off the beautiful focal images perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Birgit said...

These are both fantastic Marcia! The bland and white designs are so crisp and classy.

Loll said...

LOVE these CAS designs that pack a punch! What a great way to showcase these wonderful images, Marcia! xx

Kara Lynne said...

Those black and white cards are so striking! I love that it works for florals and fun light bulbs!

Bobby said...

These are fabulous, Marcia. I love black and white cards. They are so elegant.

Nancy said...

What a wonderful choice of stamps for your black and white cards Marcia! I have that die from MFT and it never crossed my mind to make a horizontal card. Love them both and thanks for the inspiration and for joining the girls and I at Color Hues! Take care!

Anita in France said...

Those hanging bulbs are so fun with the punny sentiment, Marcia ... and how stylish and striking are the tulips, they'd be wonderful in a frame on the wall! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

Crushing over this duo of stylish, classy cards, Marcia! Love the framing of the images. Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues.
~carol