Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Christmas Kickstart #48 - GREEN CHRISTMAS

Hello friends.  Playing along with the gals over at the Christmas Kickstart Challenge and they are looking for a GREEN CHRISTMAS card.

And here's what I came up with...


I started with an older embossing folder (I mean really OLD as there isn't even a name on it!!) and ink blended Lucky Clover Distress Oxide ink over it, and then used a Gina K stitched rectangle die to cut it out and then layered with a piece of C&9 Clover cardstock and attached both to a white card base.


Next I stamped and colored with my Copics one of the elves from MFT's Santa's Elves stamp set and then die cut it with a circle die.  I added another Clover circle behind the white circle and cut off part of the circle and lined it up against the outside edge of the embossed layer for an offset look.  A few green gems (Pinkfresh Studio) and some green & white bakers twine finished off my GREEN CHRISTMAS card.

This challenge is open till the end of the month, and is a great way to get a head start on those Christmas cards!  Check out what Jo and the DT came up with to inspire you and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Why, oh, why have I never bought this set? Gorgeous card, Marcia, and I'm loving the embossing folder background too. It's a beaut. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Birgit said...

Awwww... cute, cute card my friend!

I Card Everyone said...

So adorable - in any color! But in homage to the day and the challenge, I'd say he's wearing the perfect green! Today he reminds me of the Jolly Green Giant's sidekick, Sprout! is that right? I'm too lazy to google it!
=]

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is the way to do a green Christmas card, Marcia! Love this sweet elf and the inked words on the embossing folder! Fantastic, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh goodness gracious is he ever looking extra dapper all decked out in his green duds! What a delightful card!

Brenda in IN said...

This is just adorable. I love the elf in green and a lovely background of words.

Loll said...

LOVE your embossed background with the words coloured in green. Adds a lot of dimension and texture to your card. Your elf look great in green with this shiny ornament to hang on the tree. Fabulous card Marcia! xx

Cat Craig said...

Your green elf is perfectly adorable!

Anita in France said...

Such a cute little elf, Marcia ... and fabulous background texture ... the green-ness is so fun and festive! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

What a great way to use that embossing folder, Marcia. The letters really stand out so no need for a sentiment on the card.