Monday, March 15, 2021

CAS Christmas Challenge Reminder - KRAFT, RED & WHITE

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at the CAS Christmas Challenge and we are looking for Christmas cards using KRAFT, RED & WHITE.


Don't forget that it's our 3RD BIRTHDAY and we're offering prizes this month, so join us in the celebration!!


I went with a very CAS Scandinavian Minimalist look for my card this time, and although VERY simple, I really like the way it turned out!


 I started by die cutting the birch trees using a Gina Marie Designs die and adhering them to the back of a panel that I had die cut an oval out of, trimming off the excess trees.  I adhered this panel to a top folding white card base, and then added my deer and cardinals from PTI's In The Meadow die set.  I did do a bit of ink blending on the edges of the deer with Kraft ink.  I thought about adding a sentiment, but didn't want to take away from the scene, so left the sentiment for the inside.  Like I said earlier, very simple, but I really do like it just the way it is!!

This challenge is open till the 24th, so we hope you'll join along and celebrate with us!  There's lots of beautiful inspiration using the challenge colors of KRAFT, RED & WHITE from our talented DT and our Special GD Gundi, so check it all out right HERE.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

Julia Aston said...

There's something about birch trees and cardinals that I just love Marcia and you have them both here as well as a sweet little deer, all wonderfully framed in the oval! Xx

I Card Everyone said...

Very pretty, Marcia! and THREE birds with one card!!
=]

Linda said...

Lovely white card, with the touch of Kraft and touches of red. Beautiful, Marcia.

Loll said...

LOVE the mostly white-on-white design with the small pops of colour from your deer and cardinals, Marcia. Wonderful CAS design with lots of texture from your layered die-cuts. xx

Lisa Elton said...

I love the CAS look! The pops of red from the little birds against the crisp white is fabulous!

Christine Alexander said...

the perfect combination with the birch trees cardinals and deer, love the card :)

Ros Crawford said...

I like how it turned out too... It's fabulous!

Mac Mable said...

The most perfect CAS card and so very pretty Marcia x.

Barb Ghig said...

I love how you played with the Kraft, red and white color palette, Marcia! Such a charming Christmas card!

Cat Craig said...

Fab and subtle use of the colors Marcia. So pretty.

Anita in France said...

Sigh ... crisp, white on white with just a touch or two of bold colour, Marcia ... so glorious! Hugs, Anita :)

Birgit said...

CAS and perfect! Love the little pops of red on this sweet scene.

Bonnie said...

Such a peaceful scene, Marcia! I love how the red birds add a pop of color and the sweet deer!

Papercraft Boutique said...

I love the CAS Scandinavian Minimalist look of this card, Marcia! The pop of red cardinals on the white-on-white birch tree background is so pretty! Leaving the sentiment for the inside is a wonderful choice to keep the peaceful forest scene intact.
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

Very simple and perfectly CAS. This is such an adorable little scene. Love the pop of red and Kraft against all that wonderful white.

Susan said...

What a great way to use the CAS Christmas colours - love the mostly white card with just those great snippets of kraft and red. And I always love a card featuring birch trees and birds!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet deer among the trees with the cardinals, Marcia! Just love the scene in the oval window!!

Colleen said...

I love how this looks as well! those trees all covered with snow and the pop of red cardinals and of course the deer in the woods! LOVE it!

Bobby said...

I love the texture and pops of red on your card, Marcia.