Sunday, March 7, 2021

The Flower Challenge #54 - SHADES OF PURPLE

Hello friends.  Today I am playing along with The Flower Challenge where they are looking for cards with SHADES OF PURPLE.


I used a new (to me) stamp set from Altenew called Positive Vibes and actually made 2 cards (surprise, surprise, right?!) because my first card came out more of a plum color than purple.  It still turned out really pretty so I'll show it to you after I show my 2nd card first...


I started by stamping the outline image first in CP's Twilight ink (a light gray), and then used Sweet Sixteen and Royal Treatment inks (both CP inks also) to stamp the 2nd and 3rd layers.  The leaves were stamped with Gina K inks.


Here you can see the detail a little better and also that I used SU!'s Subtle embossing folder to give the panel a bit of texture.  I finished with an embossed sentiment from the same Positive Vibes set and also added a few Pinkfresh Studio gems.  


Here's the first card I made but used Sweet Sixteen and Sugared Lavender inks that looked more plum colored to me.  Still just as pretty but just a different shade.


Used a longer sentiment strip for this card with the sentiment from The Greetery's Sentiment Suite: Thinking of You stamp set and finished with a few more gems from Pinkfresh Studio.


Here they are both together so it's easier to see the color differences.  Which one do you like better?  I like both of them but think the card on the left fits the SHADES OF PURPLE requirements a bit better.  

You can check out all the BEAUTIFUL purple cards from the DT right HERE and then play along...all you need is a FLOWER stamp and SHADES OF PURPLE ink.  :0)

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



15 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are beautiful and so very pretty Marcia x. I like the delicate embossing folder on the background and what fabulous stamping and the prettiest of image x. Nope....no favourites from me....I love both of them x.

Jeanne H said...

I do love purple, all hues, and your cards are very lovely.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, they are both really beautiful - truth be told, I like the 1st card you showed second!!! LOL
Thanks so very much for playing along!
=]

Bonnie said...

Both of these are beautiful shades of purple, Marcia! Perfect cards for Spring!

Lisa Elton said...

They're both lovely, Marcia and they both look like purple flowers to me! Plum is purple, isn't it? Either way, they're fabulous!

Robyn Oliver said...

Oh wow Marcia, so lovely - two gorgeous cards and fabulous layered stamping, hugs Robyn

Cat Craig said...

Love them both, Marcia.

Ros Crawford said...

Oh they're beautiful Marcia... I love the 2 different shades

Loll said...

Both card are gorgeous Marcia! Love your beautiful layered stamping on both colours. I never seem to be able to line them up! xx

JoAnn said...

Both cards are beautiful. Love both shades of purple.

Cardsncraftsnyc said...

Both of your cards are perfect Maria. Afterall plum is also a shade of purple right. Thank you for sharing with us at The Flower Challenge. DT Jyoti

Aileen said...

Ohh wow Marcia these are both so beautiful and certainly both shades of purple. Love the flower stamp used and the design. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Anita in France said...

Each is just beautiful, Marcia ... I love how you used the soft grey for the outlines ... it's just perfect with all those purple/plum shades ... and allows them to shine! Hugs, Anita :)

Dawn T said...

so beautiful. totally took my eye. Lovely card.

Bobby said...

I have that Altenew set and love it, Marcia, but I haven't made any purple flowers with it. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite from your two as they are both lovely. I think the gray outline gives a softer look to the flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.