Monday, March 29, 2021

Inspired BY #167 - SPRING INTO COLOR

Hello friends.  Today I'm playing along with the gals over at the Inspired By Challenge where they want us to SPRING INTO COLOR using this photo as inspiration...


That lovely bunch of color really does make me think SPRING, and I do have lots of Tulip stamps (I mean I am from Michigan and Tulips are a BIG deal around here!), but I went in a different direction...kinda!  Still inspired by color (my favorite color!), and still inspired by Spring flowers, just not Tulips...


As much as I love Tulips, I can't grow them at my house because of those cute bunny rabbits!!  Those sweet little things bite the Tulip heads off and then just leave them laying there!  Grrrrrrrrrr!!  However, they do leave the Daffodils alone and I just LOVE their bright sunny color!  They add such a pop of color to an otherwise pretty gray landscape around here, as we don't really green up here in Michigan till May.  And I just LOVE the color YELLOW!  This image is from Gina K and called Easter Blessings.  I stamped the image in black and then clear heat embossed before coloring with my Poly Chromos pencils and then using Gamsol to spread the color around.  I stamped the sentiment below the flowers and then added a couple score lines to highlight the sentiment.  Finished with a black mat and some black & white gingham ribbon before attaching to a Crushed Curry card base, and then added a few Disco Ball sequins (Gina K) to add a touch of bling.

You can check out all the beautiful inspiration from the DT and play along with this colorful challenge right HERE.  This challenge is open till March 31st.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



14 comments:

Cat Craig said...

YOu know I love yellow and daffodils are my favorite spring flower. I love that checked ribbon too.

Lisa Elton said...

This is charming Marcia! I like what the gingham ribbon adds to your spring blooms. When I opened my blinds on a side window this morning, I saw our neighbors daffodils has opened. Such a cheerful sight!

Lisa Elton said...

Oooops... thanks for joining us at IB!! :)

Bonnie said...

What beautiful daffodils, Marcia! A true sign of Spring! It's greening up here fast and the pollen is thick as can be! Hope you get to see green soon!

Susan said...

Beautiful shading on the daffodils! And I love the darker border and the gingham ribbon!

Birgit said...

What a pretty bouquet of daffodils Marcia! Your coloring is spot on perfect and I love the design of this pretty spring card.

I Card Everyone said...

WE love ALL the Spring flowers, and ALL the colors, too, Marcia! Your daffodils are so beautiful [and the gingham ribbon is adorable!] Thanks so much for planting them in our IB garden! xx
=]

Connie said...

Hi, I'm returning to the blog world after a lengthy absence and popping in to say hi. I'm a newish paper crafter and enjoy reading others' posts too. Connie

Loll said...

Your daffodils are so pretty Marcia. They really are the happies flowers, aren't they??!! Love the bright yellow of Spring. xx

Colleen said...

the bunnies eat the tulips? OMG...I am dealing with deer! We just put a 7 foot fence around our vegetable garden where we have raised beds, and I decided to plant 100 daffodils and tulips in one of the beds so I could have cut flowers. Well, the daffodils are gorgeous, but the tulips had been chewed down to one inch. So we got busy on that fence and you know, they are growing, I sure hope I get to see some flowers after all!! Love your daffodil card!

Mac Mable said...

What a happy card. I love daffodils and I love this card with its pretty colouring and the pop of black and white gingham looks fabulous Marcia x.

Anita in France said...

Fresh and lovely and so spring-like, Marcia ... the yellow on those fabulous daffodils seems to just glow! I love tulips too so am sorry about your bunny issue ... poor headless tulips! Hugs, Anita :)

Danni Reid said...

This is amazing, I love your spring flowers, and your design is so beautiful! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

Ros Crawford said...

I adore daffodils and this is one beautiful card!