Sunday, July 17, 2022

CAS Christmas July 2022 Reminder Post - SANTA

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at the CAS Christmas Challenge where our hostess Barb would like to see a SANTA on your card.

 


I have a very simple card to share with you using another older wooden stamp from Paper Inspirations called Telling Santa.  Take a look...


Doesn't that image just make you feel all warm inside?!!  I stamped the image in Basic Gray ink (SU!) and then layered it to a Basic Gray panel and a Matte Silver cs layer (Gina K).  


I embossed the front of my card base with a FSJ Evergreen ef, and then added a sparkling white ribbon (SU!) before attaching my stamped image, which is raised up on foam strips.  I finished by simply adding 3 red gemstones to add just a tiny pop of color to my card.  I left off a sentiment on the front of my card as I felt the image was busy enough as is, and I don't think anyone will mistake it for anything other than a Christmas card!  :0)

There's still a week left to play along with us, so check out all the fabulous inspiration from our DT and Special GD, and then play along with us right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 24th


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


18 comments:

Em said...

What a beautiful card.

Linda said...

Love these vintage Santas. Very pretty, Marcia. Have a great day.

Christine Alexander said...

what a wonderful vintage Santa, and love the soft colours of the greys ♥

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia! I love the old-world Santa and child...you're right, it is heartwarming! Great idea to use a silver mat to frame it and your embossed card base is perfect! xx

Julia Aston said...

What a great vintage image - love the little girl gazing up at Santa! Your evergreen embossing adds wonderful texture in white and your ribbon is so pretty with the little red dots! xx

Colleen said...

Such a great stamp, some of those older wooden ones are definitely worth keeping! Love how you added dimension with both the silver card stock and then the wonderful white embossed pine boughs! Lovely card!

Lisa Elton said...

Those tiny pops of color are terrific accents to this vintage image! Wonderful card, Marcia!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a great vintage photo-like image of Santa and cute little girl, Marcia! Love that you used a monotone color palette for the card! The tiny pop of red and the sparkling elements are pretty finishing touches!
Hideko xx

Birgit said...

This is precious Marcia! You have some of the sweetest vintage style Santa stamps. What a sweet image!

I Card Everyone said...

Another stunning image, Marcia! A reminder of simpler times when a child had one or two things on her list for Santa - which might have included her two front teeth!
So precious!
=]

Bobby said...

Beautiful vintage card, Marcia. I can see why you've hung onto your older wooden stamps. The images are wonderful.

Darnell said...

It does make me feel warm inside, Marcia. I love the gray and white with the corner red bling and I like that you left the sediment off. This way we can use our imagination and put our own word bubble over the little girl's head! "... and a dolly that ... " Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

This is an awesome image, Marcia! No sentiment needed! I love how you've matted it and added it to an embossed background. Lots of wonderful texture to go with the image!

Loll said...

You've showcased this image to perfection, Marcia! Love the gray tones. The little pop of red adds colours and shine. Great design, my friend! xx

Susan said...

What a wonderful vintage Santa image! Love the simplicity of it being in just grey and white, with the tiny touch of red. Beautiful embossed background.

Cat Craig said...

What a lovely nostalgic card Marcia. I love the mix of old and new with the dry embossing.

Trina P. said...

Striking vintage image of Santa. It depicts the magic of Christmas so beautifully. Looks awesome stamped in grey against the lovely embossed background.

Tee said...

Love the vintage Santa, gorgeous card!