Friday, July 22, 2022

Color Hues #45 - PEACH & GRAY

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Color Hues Challenge today, where they are looking for PEACH & GRAY on our cards.


When I saw the colors for this challenge, I immediately thought of actual peaches (which are just hitting the fruit stands here in Michigan) and decided to go in that direction for my card.  Here's what I came up with...


I started my card with MB's Pinpoint Leaf Plate for my background, and then added a strip of stenciled plaid using PFS's Diamond Plaid Stencil and SU!'s Smokey Slate ink down the middle of my card.  I also layered a piece of Smokey Slate cs behind the plaid that was just a little bit wider than the plaid piece.  


I stamped and die cut my peaches using Pale Papaya and Grapefruit Grove inks (SU!) and the leaves in Smokey Gray ink.  I stamped my sentiment in Smokey Slate ink on the center peach, and then added the leaves that I also added Rock Candy Glitter (TH) to, to add a bit of sparkle to my card.  I also pop dotted my leaves to add a bit of dimension, and then finished with a few PFS Clear Drops: Iridescent, and a piece of gray & white baker's twine.

Check out all the fabulous inspiration from the DT and then play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 28th at 9:00AM.  


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Birgit said...

Your card is deliciously sweet, Marcia! The gray plaid over the pinpoint background makes the peaches pop. Truly a refreshing and delightful card!

Karen said...

Ahhh, peaches! I don't think I have any peach stamps, but you are so correct---a perfect choice for this round of Color Hues! I love the stenciled background and your card design is wonderful! Always happy to see your creations in the Color Hues gallery!

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful card, Marcia! I love your peach and gray combination and it's so full of gorgeous layered texture! We have a peach tree in our yard and it's going to be ready soon!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the touch of sparkle you added to those yummy peaches! The pinpoint background and plaid paper are lovely touches too. Wonderful card, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

Makes me want to find and hijack the peach truck. They look lucious.

Nancy said...

I lOVE where your brain took you when you saw our colors. Never crossed my mind! This came together so well. Even the perfect twine! Thanks for being in our gallery at Color Hues, Marcia!

Bobby said...

Fabulous card, Marcia. Those peaches look yummy and the dimension, glitter and clear drops all work so well together.

I Card Everyone said...

OH YES!! It was the perfect time for these sweet peaches to come out to play, Marcia!
Beautiful stamping - I can almost feel their 'fuzziness!'
Perfection, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

These peaches looks so juicy and delicious, Marcia! Beautiful background too!

Tracey McNeely said...

Peachy keen Marcia, love the plaid background, so fun with the peaches! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Kristie Goulet said...

I love your peaches and the gorgeous stenciled background! Fab card! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues!

TK said...

Yum! Love the colors, but also the overall look -- love me some peaches!