Monday, July 11, 2022

CAS Mix Up July 2022 - Things with Wings

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with the CAS Mix Up Challenge today and they are looking for WATER COLORING and Things with Wings.


I had just received The Greetery's Jumbo Curiosity Dragonfly die and this challenge seemed like the perfect time to try it out!  The die comes with a stencil too, but since the main element of this challenge needs to be water coloring, I didn't use the stencil.  I used Lindy's Magicals for my water coloring and came up with this...


I used Tibetan Poppy Teal and Ponderosa Pines Olive Magicals (from the Autumn Leaves set) and sprinkled both colors on my cardstock and then spritzed lightly with water.  Once it was dry I used the Dragonfly dies to cut him out.


I tried so hard to capture the shimmer you get from using Lindy's Magicals, but my camera just wasn't having any part of it...sorry!!  On my card base I ink blended a bit of turquoise ink leftover on my blending brush before adding a top layer that I had used MFT's Peek-A-Boo Rectangle die on and then SU!'s Timeworn Type 3D embossing folder.  I added a few green crystal gems (PFS) to the body of my Dragonfly before gluing him down to the center of the rectangle, leaving the two bottom wings curled up a bit for some dimension.


I didn't add a sentiment as I really liked the CAS look with nothing else added.  I'm thinking this will be a good "Just A Note" card.  :0)

The DT has some absolutely BEAUTIFUL cards to inspire you with, so check it out right HERE and then play along!  This challenge is open till the 24th.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous, Marcia! I love the mottled color of the dragonfly and the embossed frame is fantastic too. You've got a winner here!

Loll said...

Your new dragonfly die-cut is gorgeous Marcia. I love all the detail on the wings, which is enhanced by the magical powders. Gorgeous colours too. Love the background with all the lovely texture from the embossing and you soft turquoise panel for the dragonfly to perch on. xx

Susan said...

Beautiful dragonfly in gorgeous colours! Love that embossing folder you used - I'll have to investigate it.

My Paper Epiphany said...

So beautiful! I love the colours!

I Card Everyone said...

He's a beautiful little 'hitchhiker', Marcia! and you've created a very pretty, irresistible place for him to land!
=]

JoAnn said...

Love your pretty dragonfly and the lovely embossed background. Great card.

Bobby said...

Beautiful CAS design, Marcia. I love the variety of colors the Magicals add to the dragonfly's wings and those gems are the perfect color for the body. Gorgeous!

nancy littrell said...

Love your textured dry embossed background for your beautiful die cut and watercolored with Magical Gorgeous dragonfly, Marcia. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up (W) Things with Wings Challenge:-) Love and Hugs..Nancy

Bonnie said...

This will make a perfect any occasion card, Marcia! Love, love, love this dragonfly and the way the Lindy's colored his wings! A beautiful card, my friend! Thanks so much for bringing this over to share at CAS Mix Up!

Linda said...

Hi Marcia, your watercoloured dragonfly looks stunning. Love the sequin detail and the embossed background. Thank you for sharing at CAS Mix Up!

Viv said...

What a beautiful dragonfly Marcia. Wonderful colours and a wonderful card! Thanks for joining in at CAS Mix Up! x

Cat Craig said...

So pretty love the little square making the dragonfly the focus.

TK said...

Beautiful! From the wonderful texture, the pretty colors and the gorgeous dragonfly -- this one's a winner, Marcia

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this! His wings are just dandy, Marcia! Pretty, pretty card!