Monday, July 25, 2022

Playing with Purple, Blue & Green

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with a couple challenges today that are color challenges using PURPLE, BLUE & GREEN.  Both the Double D Challenge and the Seize The Birthday Challenge are looking for these colors on our cards.



It's such a pretty color combination, that I have 2 cards to share with you today.  My first card uses a new die set from Reverse Confetti called simply Flower Builder.  Take a look:


I started by ink blending my background on a white piece of cs using Gina K inks in the 3 colors, and then ran the piece through my Altenew Waffled Diamonds embossing folder before attaching to a white card base.


Next I die cut my flower and leaf from more white cs and then ink blended the flower with the purple and then blue ink, and obviously green for the leaf and flower center.  I also added a tiny bit of glitter to the edges of the leaf and flower center, and then adhered to a white die cut circle, so they wouldn't disappear against the same colored background.  My sentiment was stamped and die cut using The Greetery's Birthday Blooms, and I finished with a few clear gems from Trinity Stamps.  

My 2nd card is a very simple one using a Gina K style where I ink blended the background and then stamped a silhouette.  Take a look:


  This is such an easy style card to make and always turns out beautiful!  Great technique for when you need a card fast!  I ink blended the background using Jelly Bean Green, Blue Raspberry, & Wild Wisteria inks (Gina K) and then stamped my silhouette image from Gina's Wild Blossoms stamp set.  I masked off my edges with skinny washi tape before I started the ink blending, and then when finished, matted this layer to a black piece of cs and a white card base.  My "Thinking of You" sentiment is a pre-printed sentiment strip from Gina K and has a piece of foam tape behind it for a bit of added dimension.  I finished this card with a few Disco Ball sequins (also Gina K).  And although you can't see it, before I adhered my stamped layer to the black layer, I sprayed some Sheer Sparkle Shimmer Spritz to it for a very subtle sparkle to the card.

You can check out all the beautiful inspiration from both teams right HERE (Double D Challenge) and also HERE (Seize the Birthday Challenge) to play along. 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


17 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful cards! Love your take on the challenge colors and that cool e.f. background.

Nancy Penir said...

Marcia, I haven't visited you in a while, so thought I pop in... what a great day for a visit! Your first card, with that gorgeous background is a favorite. And your Greetery's sentiment reminded me to get that stamp and die out, so pretty! And then there's the silhouette card, lovely, lovely in those striking colors with black. Hugs, and have a great rest of your summer!

Darlene said...

Oh Marcia ... both cards are simply BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad I don't have to pick a favorite because they are both so beautifully designed! Well done and awesome inspiration! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Purple, Blue & Green’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

Darlene
DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Lisa Elton said...

These are both wonderful, Marcia! I like the interest the texture adds to your first one. But the wildflower silhouette is my favorite! It looks so pretty with your lovely background!

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, the blended background and silhouette is so pretty and makes for a striking card. I do love that you embossed the blended panel for your first card. How cool that looks. Gorgeous cards my friend.

Birgit said...

These are both so pretty Marcia! I love the inked background on the first card with the embossing. So cool, and those flowers..... love them! Don't suppose you could send a few white ones my way?? The silhouette on your second card is so crisp and perfect. The colors again, are just lovely!

Barbara said...

I was really drawn to your card by the way that you didn't completely blend in the background colors. It really works on this card. Thanking you for joining both of the challenges at Double D and Seize the Birthday.

Loll said...

Amazing cards Marcia. Love the ink blending on both of your backgrounds ... those colours are so gorgeous. The embossing on top adds such a wonderful texture to show off that pretty flower and leaves. The silhouette is a beautiful image which makes a lovely card with the black framing to match. Fabulous work, my friend! xx

Nancy said...

Marcia, I love both of your cards so much. You took the colors and certainly ran with them. The blended backgrounds on both of them is flawless. What are the chances that both STB and DD would have the same color challenge! LOL Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

TK said...

These are fantastic, but the first one holds my heart! What a gorgeous flower, Marcia, which makes a gorgeous card too

Colleen said...

Marcia, what fabulous cards and how amazing that both challenges are using the same colors!~ Your cards are fantastic, I love the first one and that flower is gorgeous. And I always love a good blended card with a silhouette! Fantastic my friend! Thank you for joining us at STB!

JoAnn said...

Two great cards Marcia. Love your blended backgrounds. The embossing on the first one really shows up the colors. The silhouette on the second one looks perfect on the lovely background. Thanks for sharing your birthday card with us at Seize the Birthday. Have a great weekend.

Judy Woodland said...

Both your cards are stunning, I love your backgrounds!! Lots of wonderful work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope to see you back here again soon!
Judy~ DD DT

Robyn Oliver said...

Gorgeous cards Marcia, love the blended background and then that super embossing folder gives the first card so much interest... love them, Robyn

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, my goodness I love these colors together! This might be the little 'coneflower' you mentioned - you're right it IS as cute as can be!
But man oh man do I adore a blended horizon - This one is perfection for that silhouette stamping, Marcia!
Two beautiful cards!
=]

Bobby said...

That inked, embossed background is wonderful, Marcia, and the little flower so sweet. I do see the GinaK influence on the second card. You did her proud with the beautifully blended sky.

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the well-deserved win at STB, Marcia! You have made my favorite colors come alive with your stunning cone flower design!! Hugs, Darnell