Wednesday, July 13, 2022

The Four Seasons Challenge - SUMMER

Hello friends.  Playing along with Double D's The Four Seasons Challenge where it's SUMMER/JULY ANYTHING GOES today.


I had some new goodies from The Greetery that definitely said SUMMER to me and this is what I came up with...


Lots of layers on this sweet little card, starting with the background that I die cut using the Honeycomb Corners Die, and then blended Mustard Seed Distress Ink all over it, going heavier in the two corners over the die cut area.  I did a little ink splattering and then adhered to my white card base.


Then came the FUN part and layering on all the different elements, from the Honey Jar stamp & die set, the Crimped Circle die cut behind the honey jar, the BotaniCuts: Sunflower, the bees, and of course the FUN sentiment from the Buzz Worthy Sentiments stamp & die set.  The jar topper was stenciled using a plaid stencil (also from The Greetery), and I learned something new and made the honey that is on the stir stick using Glossy Accents and re-inker...it really does look like the real stuff in real life!!  :0)   I did add a bit of glitter to the veins on my leaves and then finished off with a few Trinity Stamps Crystal Ball Dewdrop Baubles.

Hope you're all having a GREAT Summer, and if it gets too hot like it's been here in Michigan, then have some fun in your craft room making a Summer card to brighten up someone's day!  Check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the DT, and then play along with this challenge right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 25th of this month.    

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


12 comments:

Glenda said...

I love your card and it definitely reminds me of summer! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!

Bonnie said...

This card is just buzzing with sweetness, Marcia! Just delightful!

Karen Letchworth said...

I love everything about this SWEET card, Marcia. There are so many cute elements. Thanks SO much for sharing your talents with us at The Four Seasons and please stop by again soon.
Blessings,
Karen L, DT
The Four Seasons Challenge
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Ros Crawford said...

Surprise! It's 5am and I am actually getting around to visiting after so long... Thank you so much for your kind comments and your prayers, they are much needed and much aprreciated.
I adore your colourful card Marcia... you always amaze me. I hope you are well and that arthritis isn't giving you too much grief, sending hugs your way

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, this is fabulous! This definitely says summer to me. I love that honey pot 🍯 and using GA, really does look like the real thing. I love all the beautiful elements you’ve added to this card.

I Card Everyone said...

I've gotta say it: it's a HONEY of a card!!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, what a fabulous card. I missed out on this release...better for my pocket book, but maybe there are some things left...lol.

I love your partial inking on the flowers and the card, the blues and yellows are lovely together. You sure know how to design and build a beautiful card.

Bobby said...

So many wonderful details on your card that it takes a while to take it all in, Marcia. The colors, dimension, 'real' honey. Everything is fantastic!

Loll said...

WOW! Love your summery card with all you wonderful new goodies for The Greetery! I tend to spend money after visiting, you are definitely an enable ... in a good way, my friend! :) Gorgeous colours of wonderful elements that tell a story. xx

Susan said...

Lovely sense of summer in that card with the sunny yellow and then the blue of a blue sky - plus the sweet flowers and the bee. A perfect card for a summer challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the colors, Maria! I have these on my wish list. That jar is so dang cute and I like the honeycomb corners. Are you going to force me to go shopping??!!

Darnell said...

I love this design using your Greetery NBUS, Marcia! I love the colors and blending and how everything is nestled and comfy and perfectly composed! Hugs, Darnell