Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Color Hues #44 - Playing Cards With Friends

Hello friends.  There's a FUN challenge going on right now at Color Hues...my sweet friend Michele, who asks a different friend each month to play along with her, has asked the whole team at Color Hues to play along with her using RED & BLUE and to include STARS and/or STRIPES.

 

And here's what I came up with...


I started by using The Greetery's Pinwheel Party Stencils and SU!'s Sweet Sorbet and Starry Sky inks and blended down the left side of a piece of white cardstock.  Next I used my rubber mat and an older set of Gina Marie Designs STAR dies and embossed the stars onto the same piece of stenciled cardstock.  I love the look of the pinwheels and stars together!!


Of course I had to add a bit of CUTE factor to this card, and colored (Copics) and die cut this sweet little Anita Jeram mouse Be Creative with a bit of foam tape for dimension to the front of my card.


To finish I added my die cut sentiment from The Greetery's Birthday Blooms stamp and die set.  Turned out to be a pretty simple card, but definitely says CELEBRATION to me!  Think this one will go to my brother in law at the end of the month.

Lots of FABULOUS inspiration from Michele and the DT, and you can find it all right HERE!  This challenge is open till the 14th


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Your little buddy has painted the town red, and blue just beautifully, Marcia! And those dry embossed stars? WOW! Certainly is a card worthy of a celebration, my friend!!
Thanks so very much for Playing Cards with all of us at Color Hues!
=]

Karen said...

What a fun way to combine two of my favorite stamps--pinwheels and that adorable mouse with his brush! Your embossing folder of stars is the perfect backdrop! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Birgit said...

Oh Marcia, this is delightful! I love the red and blue pinwheels and the embossed background using dies to emboss is brilliant! I never thing to do that. Your crafty little mouse is just too cute!!

Bonnie said...

I love these pinwheels and how you embossed the stitched stars, Marcia! They are perfect to show off this sweet artist! What a fun card, my friend!

Bobby said...

Those pinwheels have so much dimension, Marcia. The stars looks fantastic embossed with them and of course that little mouse is the topping on the festive cake.

Nancy said...

I have always loved that pinwheel stamp set so much. Adding the embossed stars was such a fabulous idea! The entire card is wonderful! As always, thanks for supporting us at Color Hues.

Lisa Elton said...

This sweet little fella has a way with that paintbrush! My goodness is this ever cute, Marcia!

TK said...

What a cutie! Love that he's playing with his paints and partying with the pinwheels!

Loll said...

Adorabe! Love the pinwheels and stars together too, Marcia! The mouse is the perfect critter for your card. So fun! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia I love that you used the Greetery Pinwheels for your card and the new mouse from Colorado Stamp! The whole card looks like a celebration. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!