Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Christmas Kickstart #64 - SHOW US YOUR SNOWFOLK

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where they want us to SHOW YOUR SNOWFOLK.


SNOWFOLK
immediately made me think of a SSS stamp set I received for my birthday this past Winter called Warmest Wishes and has the most ADORABLE snowmen in it!  And have you seen all the ROCKER cards out in blogland lately??!!  I had never heard of a rocker card before, but after seeing Lisa's card, and then Loll's card, I just HAD to try one out for myself!  I combined the snowfolk and rocker card ideas and came up with this...


The base of the card is just a die cut circle (the largest circle from the Lil Inker set) that is scored in the middle and then folded in half.  When you set it up on the curved part, it rocks!  I used an older die cut tree line and adhered it to the back of the circle with score tape.  (This was a die that I never kept the original packaging, so I'm not sure any more who the maker is...maybe Gina Marie Designs??)


  I die cut another smaller circle in red cs, cut it in half, and then embossed my sentiment from PTI's Stylish Sentiments: Holiday in white.  After adhering it to my white card base, I added the snow couple from the Warmest Wishes (SSS) stamp set.  I colored them with my Copics and then fussy cut them out, added some glitter, and then adhered them to my base.  I originally put them to the left of the card base, but then the card didn't stand up straight...grrrr!!  So I carefully removed them and re-attached them to the center of the card...rocks perfectly now!


 This style of card was really so easy to make, and I will definitely be making more!!  Not sure what size envelope this is going to fit into, but I'll figure that out later.  It just may get hand delivered!  :0)

This challenge is open till the end of the month, so still plenty of time to play along!  You can check out Jo's card and her special elf Helen's SNOWFOLK card for inspiration and info on how to play along right HERE.
 
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

You nailed this rocker card, Marcia! The white trees along the top and those darling snowpeople are just perfetc together. This is a whole lot of CUTE!

Birgit said...

Awww... your snow couple rocker cards is adorable! Wow! So much fun packed in a little card. The glitter adds such a cool texture to your perfectly colored snow people. Love, love, LOVE this, my friend!

Cat Craig said...

What a perfect scene for a rocker, Marcia. So cut and fun.

Susan said...

Love your snowfolk and treeline! And the rocker card is fabulous - I must try making one. I'll keep your experience in mind and make sure any elements are centred!

TK said...

Sweet and darling, love this card and the rocker style. I too had never seen these before -- maybe I'll get to make one, even if the challenge is over

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, this could NOT be any cuter!! You've rocked [pun intended] our world with all the Christmas cuteness here, my friend! LOve those trees, and those snow dudes belong center stage!
=]

Bobby said...

Didn't you see my rocker cards, Marcia? I made three of them for the Just Us Girls challenge. And I made sure they fit in an A2 envelope. Your little snowfolk (I love that word!) are perfect standing in front of the snowy tree line. Wonderful card, my friend!

JoAnn said...

Great rocker card Marcia. Love the cute little snowfolk too. Great layout and design. TFS

Loll said...

Sweet! Fabulous rocker card with your adorable snowpeople. Love this colour combo and all the sparkle you've added! xx

Bonnie said...

They certainly are perfectly adorable, Marcia! I love the glittery snow couple and your rocker card is so much fun with the tree line backing the festive couple! Awesome card, my friend!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, Marcia, just look at that sweet card! What a fun idea and so beautifully made too. I love it. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Arlene said...

I saw this on Christmas Kickstart Challenge and had to visit. I love the treelined background with those adorable snow people. Ok, I think I'll try a rocker card too. You made me do it. Love the card.

Helen said...

So cute - love the shape too!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Christmas Kickstart!
Helen x (Guest Elf)