Wednesday, August 17, 2022

CAS Christmas August 2022 - Reminder - PINE

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at the CAS Christmas Challenge where our hostess Trina would like to see PINE on our CAS Christmas cards.


I have used a few of my favorite stamps and dies from The Greetery to come up with this inspiration for you...


 
I started with a white card base and added the largest Crimped Circle Die cut also in white.  I attached my watering can from the Sprinkled with Kindness stamp and die set (also The Greetery) in shades of brown, and then started adding the pine branches from the BotaniCuts: Pine Bough dies from The Greetery.  The pine branches were all cut from white cardstock and then inked up with DOX inks.


The pinecone also is part of the BotaniCuts: Pine Bough die set and was cut from kraft cardstock and sponged with Soft Suede ink (SU!).  I finished with a sentiment in Cranberry ink (C&9th) from a PTI set called Christmas Blessings and a few Sparkling Champagne Metallic Pearls from PFS.

You have until the 24th to play along with this challenge, and if you need more inspiration, check out all the beautiful cards from my talented teammates right HERE.     


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


13 comments:

Linda said...

Marcia, so beautiful. Love that watering can with pine leaves.

Loll said...

LOVE your watering can filled with Christmas greenery, Marcia. That is such a creative design, my friend. xx

Christine Alexander said...

your watering can is gorgeous spilling over with the pine cone and greenery. Love your colouring ♥

Julia Aston said...

It is unbelievable the number of same stamps and dies you and I purchase Marcia - our stash must look quite similar!! - LOVE the watering can with the pines and cone in it - I'll be caseing this for sure! a beautiful card! xx

I Card Everyone said...

I'm going to need a little time with these boughs and cones again, Marcia! They are SO wonderful - and gorgeous for that sweet watering can! Such a beautiful card - pie!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love your coloring of the pine boughs and the inked edges on the pine cone, Marcia! The watering can looks like a treasured antique! Awesome job with these fun die cuts, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Those sure are some pretty pine sprigs and I love the way you've used them! I like the little pop of red from the sentiment and the gold accents. Pretty card, Marcia!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Fabulous card, Marcia! Your coloring of the pine needles, the pine bough, and the pinecone is so beautiful! LOve that you put those beautiful elements in the watering can! The white-on-white, off-the-edge crimped circle panel adds so much interest to the background too. Lovey card, my friend!
Hideko xx

Bobby said...

I have that pine set and think they are some of the most realistic ones out there. Putting them in the watering can was such a good idea, Marcia. I may need to get some kind of container die to do the same thing.

Susan said...

Wonderful vignette of die cuts! Love the watering can with the pine branches and pine cone!

Trina P. said...

This is just fabulous! Your inking and colouring is beautiful. Creative use of the watering can to ground the scene.

Cat Craig said...

I love this card, the pine and the watering can work well together. The pine cone looks amazing.

Barb Ghig said...

Your branches and pine cone are so realistic...I love them! I also love how you included the watering can! Gorgeous Christmas card, Marcia!