Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge - ALL OCCASIONS

Hello friends.  It's week 4 of my Guest Designer spot here at the Krafty Chicks Challenge, and this week is called ALL OCCASIONS.


 
So this week is all about OCCASIONS, and it can be any occasion...birthday, anniversary, graduation, new baby, holiday, etc.  I know it's still technically Summer, but I thought I'd jump ahead a little bit and start working on some Halloween cards for the grands.  I mean Halloween is an occasion, right??!!  Take a look at what I came up with...


I used a couple new "In Colors" from SU! for my card...Orchid Oasis and Parakeet Party, and then Mango Melody for the orange piece.  A little hard to see, but I stamped my background with the haunted house image from MFT's Spooktacular Friends stamp set, and also used the cute little bunny all wrapped up like a mummy from the same set on my green tag.  (He was colored with Copics)  


My orange tag was embossed with a spider web embossing folder from SU! (retired), and I lightly ran my black ink pad over the raised part and also along the edges.  I wanted some sparkle on this card, so I used a 2 way glue pen to add glue along the lines of the web and then added some TH Distress Glitter...really sparkles BIG TIME in real life!!  My sentiment comes from a PTI set called Boo Black Cat and I finished the card by adding some black & white bakers twine to both of the tags.  Colorful and fun and I'm sure one of the grands will love it...along with some treats of course!!

We look forward to seeing what you add to the gallery this week with your OCCASION card, and if you need some inspiration, the DT has you covered right HERE!  Would like to thank Lori and the team for asking me to play along with them this month...it's been a blast and I had a great time!!  Thank you, THANK YOU!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Birgit said...

Awww... this card is too cute to spook! The spider web, embossed tag has such wonderful texture, between the embossing and the glitter you've added. The inking and black & white twine all add to this fantastic card. The "mummified" wrapped bunny is adorable!! It's been so fun seeing your creations for this challenge.

Bonnie said...

This is a fantastic and fun Halloween card, Marcia! Love the haunted houses in the background and the sparkly spider web! The little mummy is especially adorable! It's been fun seeing you Guest Designing at Krafty Chicks!

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little bunny! Love his little pumpkin bucket! Your sparkly spiderweb and haunted house make this just spooky enough. Darling card, Marcia!

Bobby said...

I'm wishing I'd brought Halloween stamps with me so I could work on cards. Yours is darling, Marcia. I love the bright colors and that adorable bunny mummy.

Cat Craig said...

So cute, Marcia -- love the embossing on the tag adds lovely texture and interest.

I Card Everyone said...

Halloween is most definitely an occasion, Marcia! Your darling mummified bunny is one to remember! [Wish I'd remembered to stamp a few!]
Darling card, my friend! Love the 'twilight' background and spooky houses!
=]

Linda said...

Marcia, such a cute, adorable card. Love that you added some glitter to the web for texture.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Too cute!! And great colour combination. It was a pleasure having you in the Hen House with us! You are a very talented cardmaker. Can’t wait to see what you create next!
Diane - DT