Monday, August 8, 2022

Color Hues Challenge #46 - Special Tribute

Hello friends.  Today I am playing along with the Color Hues Challenge where they are paying special tribute to their teammate and friend Lindsey M-P who sadly passed away way too young from Ovarian Cancer 2 weeks ago.  Lindsey had already chosen the colors of BLUE & PURPLE for this challenge, so they decided to keep the colors in memory of her.


Before I show my card, I thought I'd share the reason why I made a Christmas card for this challenge.  Fellow Design Team member Tracey McNeely used to run a 25 Days of Christmas Tags challenge that I loved to play in each November, and Lindsey was one of the designers for this challenge that I was consistently inspired by!  I can't tell you how many tags I made that were inspired by Lindsey, and she ALWAYS left the sweetest comments!  She will definitely leave a big hole in the stamping world and be missed by so many!!

I decided the best way for me to pay tribute to Lindsey's sweet memory was to share a Christmas card, as it was definitely a holiday we both LOVED crafting for!


  I started by making my background using the new PFS Dainty Plaid stamp and stencil using BLUE & PURPLE inks (Gina K).  The stamp was embossed with white embossing powder and heat set, and then I used the stencils to add the color.


 My snowman and cat images are both from Gina K's Hygge Time stamp set and were colored with my Copics and then die cut with the coordinating dies.  I know a napping kitty is not too realistic next to a freezing cold snowman, but I thought it was a cute nod to Lindsey's love of cats!  Before I added my snowman and kitty, I added an iridescent snowflake from SU! (Wonderful Snowflakes), and then I finished my card with a Gina K pre-printed sentiment strip, a few Trinity Stamps Crystal Ball Dewdrop Baubles and a bit of glitter on the snowman and his pom-pom on his cap.

There is a LOT of inspiration to play along with this challenge right HERE, so check it out and play along.  This challenge is open till the 14th at 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Birgit said...

This is such a sweet card and a beautiful tribute to Lindsey. The plaid background looks amazing, and I like how you added the large snowflake to frame the snowman and sweet napping kitty. Your card is delightful, Marcia!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful card, Marcia! Love that background - beautiful blended colors in the plaid.

Lisa Elton said...

What a darling little snowman! He looks quite dapper in his blue and purple attire against that marvelous background. I think Lindsey would have enjoyed your special card!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia what a beautiful card you made in Lindsey's honour and I loved to read about how you were inspired by Lindsey's tags during the 25 Days. She even asked me a couple months ago if I was sure we weren't going to do tags this year. I would do it again just for her. Thank you so much for participating with us at the Color Hues!

I Card Everyone said...

Finally! I have now added you to my FAVORITES on my computer as blogger has been naughty lately!
I just love this mini plaid in the blue and purple, Marcia! Seems your snow-dude and kitty feel just as comfy with it!
Such a darling card, my friend!
=]

Nancy said...

I love this card as it captures Lindsey’s heart so perfectly! She certainly loved her kittie-Duncan and making Christmas cards. I also love hearing how many fellow card makers loved her as much as I did. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues for our special challenge in her honor. Hugs.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely tribute, Marcia. Sweet scene, and I can see a cat napping near a snowman...now it might be the lawn deco type, but still the scene is sweet.

Bobby said...

That plaid is gorgeous, Marcia. The colors blend so well and make a great backdrop for that darling snowman and his feline friend.