Monday, August 29, 2022

Christmas Kickstart #65 - Never In A Nativity

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where they have a FUN one going on this month called Never In A Nativity...so in other words, a Christmas design that you wouldn't find in a nativity scene!

I have a twofer for you today, using a new Spellbinders die set called Parcel & Post Mailbox.  Take a look...


 I fell in LOVE with these sweet mailboxes and just HAD to have them!  Let's start with the one on the left...


I started with a Real Red card base and added a white panel that was embossed using a SU! Winter Snow embossing folder.  I die cut the mailbox from Real Red cs and sponged all the edges with Cherry Cobbler ink.  The sentiment was gold foiled using an additional set from Spellbinders called Christmas Mailbox Greetings.  The mailbox set comes with all the decorating dies too, and I die cut all the flowers and leaves from white cs and then used sponge daubers and DOX inks, pretty much following the photo on the front of the die set.  I did add the little Tweet Cardinal (also Spellbinders) that I die cut and sponged and WOS'd, just because I thought he was a FUN addition!!


   My 2nd card also started with a Real Red card base and then I added an embossed background using a gold shimmery cardstock and a Spellbinders embossing folder called Tufted 3D that my sweet friend Michele let me borrow.  I gold foiled another sentiment from the Christmas Mailbox Greetings, and then added a mix of different leaf, snowflake, and Poinsettia die cuts from different sets to decorate up my mailbox.


Another 2 cards to add to my Christmas card stash...YAY!!  Although I wish I could say my Christmas card stash is pretty much finished, I am waaaaaay behind this year!!  How about you??  Almost done or barely started??  I guess we all need to get moving, right??!!  Good reason to play along with the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where there's LOTS of inspiration from Jo and her Guest Elf Gail, and also cards that are already in the gallery!  :0)


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love your red mailbox with the gold lettering and pretty adornments, Marcia! Two more for the stash. I'm behind on Christmas cards too. I fear I'll be having to hit it really hard the next few months.

Cindy H. said...

Lovely Christmas cards! Love those sweet mailboxes, too.

Cindy C. said...

Both so cute!

Cat Craig said...

I love the bold festive red here. Such wonderful cards and perfect for the season. I have 20 left to make for my stash which I hope to have done come October 15….I know I’ll make a few more in November and December. Just a head start on 2023.

Lisa Elton said...

What CUTE mailboxes, Marcia! I'm partial to the one with the sweet blue flowers! My stash is pathetically low... I better get busy!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two amazing mailbox cards, Marcia! I just love all the little details and the embossed backgrounds!!

Birgit said...

These are both gorgeous, Marcia!! I just started cutting this die set out as well and now I can't wait for the chance to put it all together. Isn't the mailbox just the sweetest?? Your layouts are perfect, and I love the addition of that sweet little cardinal. Perfectly sweet in every way!

TK said...

The mailboxes are fun, and all the little bits are pretty -- gotta love that cardinal too!

Bobby said...

Your mailboxes are fantastic, Marcia. I love all the things you can decorate them with including the gold foil sentiments.

I Card Everyone said...

You're making me sorry I didn't borrow that mailbox die, my friend! You always use these sweet little die sets in the most creative way that I'd never think of!
Every mailbox in the world should be decorated, and have flowers, I think! [maybe even a bird or two!]
Two really gorgeous Christmas cards for your stash!
=]