Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Krafty Chicks Challenge - CAS

Hello friends.  I'm back as Guest Designer for week 3 of the Krafty Chicks Challenge, and this week it's all about CAS (Clean & Simple) cards.

I actually have 2 cards to share with you today, because after I made the 1st card, I started doubting myself that it was CAS enough!  Oh brother!!  Anyway, here's the 1st card I made...


I used a stencil from The Ton called Precious Poppies and used shades of orange ink to color up these gorgeous flowers.  My sentiment is from a Gina K set called Heartfelt Hydrangeas.  I did a simple matting with black and layered both to a white card base.  Like I said earlier, after I finished this card I wondered if there was too much of the floral/leaves on the card to make it CAS, so I made another, although I really do love the way this card turned out!!  Here's card 2...


  This card uses PFS's Layered Bouquet stamp, stencil, & die set, and after stamping and stenciling it, I die cut it out, and then die cut 2 more blank images to layer beneath the stamped and stenciled layer to give some dimension.  I used a Stitched Diamond Coverplate Die (PFS) for my background layer, and then added a thank you sentiment from PFS's Perfect Sentiments that was also die cut and stacked 3 times for dimension.  Definitely a little more CAS than the 1st card, but I think they both still qualify!

Hope you'll all play along with us this week, and you only need to make ONE card...not 2!!  Check out the wonderful cards the DT came up with for inspiration, and then play along right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Joan Bardee said...

beautiful!!

Birgit said...

They're both beautiful, Marcia! Those giant poppies are stunning in the colors you've used, and the sentiment on that same card, is so sweet. The second card is equally as beautiful, with the diamond background. Both cards are beautiful inspiraiton!

Bobby said...

Those poppies are gorgeous in the oranges, Marcia. The other card is wonderful too, especially with that fabulous coverplate.

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Marcia. I especially love the colour of your poppies. xx

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how I love those pretty poppies! These are both fabulous cards, Marcia. CAS is different for everyone. These both work for me!

Bonnie said...

You have perfected using those stencils, Marcia! Love the blending of colors and both cards! The orange poppies are beautiful and the yellow flowers so cheerful and sweet!

Cat Craig said...

two beautiful cards Marcia. The colors, designs and sentiments are fabulous.

Leanne said...

This is so awesome having you with us this month. Your cards are so pretty, I don't know which I like the best...gorgeous. Have a great day!

Leanne KCC

Melanie Hungerford said...

Love the yellow flowers, very pretty against the die cut background, and the color of the other flowers is beauatiful! Thanks for sharing your lovely cards with us this month!

I Card Everyone said...

I really have to get a grip on this new reality, Marcia! I'm so missing all your gorgeous creations because I haven't quite gotten used to going to my reading list!
Congratulations on being a guest designer for Krafty Chicks - oh, Marcia, the CAS struggle is real for me! I just LOVE your poppies! CAS or not, it is such a gorgeous card, and the sentiment is so wonderful!
Your yellow tulips are CAS perfection and oh so beautiful, too!
=]