Monday, August 22, 2022

Color Hues #47 - Chocolate & Mint

Hello friends.  Playing along with the fun challenge over at Color Hues today where they're looking for the colors CHOCOLATE & MINT.


My first thought was chocolate chip mint ice cream, and I just had to pull out a new set from Lisa Hetrick/Gina K called Treat Yourself that I thought fit this challenge perfectly!  Here's what I came up with...


  Doesn't the cone wrap look just like a waffle cone??!  I thought it was perfect for this challenge with Charcoal Brown ink (Gina K) that I used my Aqua Painter on to spread the color around, and then fussy cut it out.  I stamped 2 of the outline lilies in the same brown ink onto a white panel and then used the solid stamp and Applemint ink to fill in the flowers.  I stamped a 3rd lily and fussy cut it out to add to my bouquet with a couple foam dots to add a little dimension.  (I also used the Bodacious Bloom stencil (Gina K) to add the design down the center of the card panel before I attached the cone and extra flower.)  


My sentiment also comes from the Treat Yourself stamp set and was die cut with a couple circle dies from Gina K's Master Layout #3 die set.  I added a couple Disco Ball Sequins (Gina K) to my card to finish it off.  So instead of a chocolate chip mint ice cream cone, my card is a chocolate chip mint flower cone, and while not too realistic, I love the whimsy of it!!

Lots of awesome cards using this color combo from the DT for inspiration, and you can check it all out and play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till the 28th @ 9:00AM
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


11 comments:

Birgit said...

What a delightful idea! A cone filled with flowers is so whimsical and sweet. Oh Marcia, your brilliant mind never ceases to amaze me!

I Card Everyone said...

Think of the calories we'd save if waffle cones were just for flowers! Ha! [like that would stop me!]
You are a genius for thinking of this, Marcia - such a beautiful card!
=]

Irish Cherokee said...

Novel idea to use a waffle cone as a vase. Creative!

Karen said...

The sentiment couldn't be more perfect for this card, Marcia! It's a treat indeed! Such a clever idea to use the waffle cone as a flower wrapper.Thanks for adding it to the Color Hues gallery where we're always glad to see you!

Lisa Elton said...

It does look like a waffle cone and I love how your stenciling mimics it! Pretty card, Marcia!

Cat Craig said...

I agree with Lisa, I love the stenciling mimicking the pattern of the waffle cone.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia so funny how the mind plays tricks. When I went to view your card I was thinking it was an ice cream cone! Smack in the face, wake up Tracey, your flowers wrapped in a waffle cone are so pretty! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful way to hold a bouquet, Marcia! Love the cone and the mint colored lilies! The stenciled background completes the look beautifully!

Nancy said...

What a creative card, Marcia! Of course, this girl is an ice cream fanatic so that cone immediately caught my attention. I love how you carried the design into the background of the card and the sentiment too! Thanks for being in our gallery at Color Hues!

Loll said...

Sweet! That looks like the lovliest bouquet, Marcia. Lilies are my fav flower and they make a fantastic bouquet. xx

Bobby said...

The cone wrapper for your lovely lilies was a wonderful idea, Marcia. The stenciled strip goes right along with the cone look.