Wednesday, August 3, 2022

CAS Christmas August 2022 - PINE

Hello friends.  It's time for a new challenge at CAS Christmas, and our hostess Trina would like to see PINE (tree, branch, sprig??) on our CAS Christmas cards this month.

                                                 

I used an older Penny Black cling stamp (red rubber) and came up with this...


I used my SU! markers and colored directly onto the Berry Speckled stamp, small areas at a time, huffed on the stamp to moisten up the ink on the stamp, and then pressed onto my cardstock.  Once I had the whole image colored, I spritzed lightly with water onto the stamp to release the rest of the ink still on the stamp, and then pressed into my cardstock again, which left me with more of a water colored look.


Next I trimmed my layer down a bit and then used Spellbinders Essential Dual Lines foiling plates to add the gold foiled framing around my image.


A little hard to tell in my photo, but I also gold foiled my sentiment which is from Yana's Christmas Sentiments (Spellbinders), and then die cut the sentiment shape 3 extra times to stack my sentiment on so it would stand out a bit on the card.

We have all kinds of beautiful inspiration for you from our talented DT and Special GD that you can check out right HERE, and then play along with us and get those Christmas cards started!  Remember to keep your cards CAS!!  This challenge is open till the 24th, and we can't wait to see YOU in the gallery!! 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Stunning Marcia, love our sprig of pine with the red berries and your foil frame and sentiment are a perfect addition ♥

Colleen said...

Beautiful card, Marcia, the added gold foil frame and sentiment brings it all together! Beautiful card, friend!

Loll said...

LOVE the technique you've used to watercolour this amazing pine branch, Maria. It's so beautiful and looks even more special and elegant with the gold foil framing and sentiment. xx

Bonnie said...

This is a classic stamp, Marcia! So beautifully colored and stamped. Love the foiled frame and sentiment! A very elegant card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Love those wispy bits of pine, Marcia! The gold adds a wonderful elegance too. Pretty card, my friend!

nancy littrell said...

Beautiful watercolored stamped pine branch, Marcia. I don't think pines have red berries, but you are allowed to use your creative license at times....right?!? TFS your beautiful Christmas card, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

ElizStewart said...

Marcia... your card is just dreamy! The bit of gold foiling really emphasizes its elegance. Thank you so much for asking me to GD this month!

Cindy H. said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Love the gold foiling.

Julia Aston said...

Your stamping is beautiful Marcia - coloring it with your SU markers and water gives it a lovely watercolor look. Your double gold framing and sentiment make it all so elegant! xx

Cat Craig said...

The pine and berry branch are fabulous and so pretty bling-ed up with the gold frame.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a gorgeous card, Marcia! I love the mix of pine and berries and how you added elegance to your design with the gold frame! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is stunning, Marcia! Love the pretty watercolor-look of your sprig of pine! The gold foiled frame and sentiment are so shiny and festive. And great dimension of the sentiment strip!
Hideko xx

Trina P. said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, especially with that gorgeous gold foiling. Fantastic job of inking and stamping. Love the watercolour effect.

Linda said...

Beautiful card, Marcia. Great job using your markers on a rubber stamp and getting such great images. Lovely, my friend.

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, this is such a gorgeous sprig of pine! Takes up a lot of real estate but leaves lots of white space which makes our eyes happy! Such a fun way to add color to it, too. Beautiful framing, and a very smart idea to stack those sentiment cuts!
Gorgeous card, my friend!
=]

Susan said...

Such a beautiful card, Marcia! I love the pine sprig and it's perfectly coloured. The gold foil framing is a wonderful finishing touch.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful berry and pine sprig, Marcia, and I love the foiled frame!!

Sue N said...

Gorgeous card, Marcia! Your coloring is just wonderful and the foiled frame and sentiment take it up a notch! Into my favorites, as I have a different stamp that might work! Thanks for the inspiration! Sue

Bobby said...

I love the branch and berries, Marcia. I have a similar one from PB that I love but this one is airier. The gold framing really takes it up a notch. Beautiful card, my friend.