Friday, November 25, 2022

Adding Texture & Shine

Hello friends.  No challenges today and a very heavy picture post after watching a Jennifer McGuire video (HERE) about adding texture and shine to our cards with PERFECT PEARLS and EMBOSSING FOLDERS.  This is one of those techniques where once you start, it's hard to stop because you want to try different color combinations and different embossing folders, and next thing you know you have a pile of cards.  

This is such an easy technique and it really packs a punch!  You are basically masking off all 4 edges of your cardstock piece, using two (or three) deep or darker colors to ink blend (I used Distress inks on all 5 of my cards), brushing on Perfect Pearls over your ink blending, removing the washi tape (or whatever you used to mask the 4 edges), and then running your cardstock through an embossing folder.  Jennifers video shows it all step by step, but it really is an easy process to follow.  


  I used Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans for my ink blending and then rather than using a embossing folder I used a cover plate die (PFS - Snowflakes) and my rubber mat to just make an impression rather than die cutting it.  


 The die cut snowflakes are also from PFS's Snowflakes set and the silver die cut sentiment is from MB Posh Let It Snow die.  A few Iridescent Clear Drops from PFS finished off this card.


This card uses two of my favorite colors together...pink & orange!  (Picked Raspberry & Spiced Marmalade)  I used MB's Gracious Leaves embossing folder on this one.


 I added a PB Berry Sprig gifted to me by my sweet friend Loll when she was clearing out some of her stash, and my sentiment is another MB Posh Script Just A Note die cut from gold mirror cs.  A few gold metallic pearls from PFS finished off this card.


This card used Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, & Mowed Lawn inks and was then run through with Spellbinders Holiday Floral Swag.


This die cut sentiment is another one from MB called JOY AND CHEER and was once again die cut with gold mirror cs and finished off with a few more gold metallic pearls from PFS.


This was actually the first one I made and used Fired Brick and Mowed Lawn inks before running through with SSS's Holiday Greenery embossing folder.


 This sentiment is also from MB and is called Special Merry Christmas and once again cut from gold mirror cardstock and finished off with more gold metallic pearls from PFS.


My last card is my least favorite and I'm not quite sure what it is that I just don't care for about this one.  I'm thinking maybe the colors...  I used Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers and SSS's Holly Jolly Berries for the embossing folder.


I love the shine, the embossing folder, and the die cut sentiment too from Poppystamps (Holly Merry Christmas), but there's something about this one that just doesn't hit the mark!  Oh well, I like the other 4 SO much that I'm not going to worry about this one!  

So hopefully you're still with me and I haven't lost you along the way!  This really was a fun and addictive technique and the SHINE from the Perfect Pearls is FABULOUS!!  Hope you'll give this a try!  :0) 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Loll said...

Fantastic cards using this technique Marcia! Always inspiring me, sweet friend! xx

Cat Craig said...

I love the punch this technique packs. Lovely lovely collection.

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, you make me wish I still had my Perfect Pearls. They were from a long time ago and who knew they'd come back to life with new ideas and looking prettier than ever. The blended panels look amazing. The green is a subtle color change, but very effective and probably my favorite. Hmmm... the green and red Christmas card is right up there, too. All are gorgeous. You have some great dies and embossing folders.

Karen said...

Every one of these is stunning! It's so hard to pick a favorite--the colors are gorgeous, and what a wonderful group of embossing folders!

Birgit said...

Wow Marcia, these are all gorgeous! My favorite is the picked raspberry and spiced marmalade. Love those colors together. They all winners though!

Lisa Elton said...

Each one as beautiful as the next! WOWEE!

Bonnie said...

Each one of these is more gorgeous than the one before, Marcia! I haven't done this technique in ages. You have inspired me to try it again. Thanks for sharing your fun session!

Bobby said...

These are all so fantastic, Marcia. I started pulling out folders to do the same and before you know it I had 7 of them that would work well. I can't wait to get working on them although I may save a few for later.