Thursday, November 10, 2022

The Flower Challenge #74 - Add Embellishments

Hello friends.  I'm playing along with The Flower Challenge today and they would like us to add EMBELLISHMENTS to our FLOWER cards.


This was an easy challenge for me as I had a brand new stamp set to play with and I just about ALWAYS add EMBELLISHMENTS to my cards...can't help it as there's just too many pretty ones out there to add to our cards today!!

I actually have a twofer for you today as I'm trying to finish up my Christmas cards, and it was just as easy to stamp 2 of the flower images as one of them, and although they're very similar, I like this first one the best!  I absolutely love Poinsettias and have been playing around with all sorts of color combinations lately (they really do come in all kinds of colors lately in real life!!), but for this stately image I just had to go with the traditional deep red!  I'm using Gina K's Precious Poinsettia (designed by Arjita Singh) 2 step stamping set and came up with this...


 Isn't that such a pretty image?!!  I started with a dry embossed background using fsj's Evergreen embossing folder and matted it with a Real Red layer and then attached both to a top folding white card base.


I used my MISTI to stamp the outline image in Garden Green (SU!) ink and then added the 2nd layers with Poppy Parade and Cherry Cobbler inks (SU!) and Garden Green again for the leaves.  I die cut the image and then used foam tape on the back for dimension.  


 To finish I used PFS's Gold Metallic Pearls for the centers of the 2 blooms, and then added a foiled sentiment from Spellbinders Yana's Christmas Sentiments set and Aura foil.  Love how CAS and elegant this one turned out!!


My 2nd card is very similar to the 1st card...just changed up a few things like the Hemstitch Rectangle Die (Spellbinders) and a different sentiment from the same Yana's Christmas Sentiments set, also foiled with Aura foil.


For the embellishments on this card I used PFS's Clear Drops: Iridescent gems and they really pick up all kinds of color in real life.  I did not use foam tape on the back of this flower, but I did add several die cut layers to the sentiment to give it some dimension.

So there you have my twofer Poinsettia cards with added EMBELLISHMENTS...can you pick a favorite??!!  This challenge is open till the 25th @ 5:00PM, so plenty of time to play along!  Make sure you check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the DT right HERE.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Birgit said...

These are both gorgeous Marcia! The embossed background on the first one adds a nice, subtle texture, while I also like the color peeking through on the card with the hemstitched panel. The gold pearls in the center are a beautiful finishing touch!

I Card Everyone said...

Well, you know firsthand how much I adore Poinsettias, Marcia - this gorgeous traditional red is outstanding - as is this new stamp from GinaK! Can't wait to get my hands on it but, until then, I'm so happy to see your beauty in The Flower Challenge gallery!
TWO gorgeous cards - another sentiment set to add to my list!
=]

Cat Craig said...

They are both gorgeous, but my heart goes to the first...that embossed panel adds such texture and freshness to the card. You rocked your poinsettias.

Leslie Miller said...

Ahhh, two beautiful poinsettia cards with the stately and striking red! It took on a whole new look just by tilting the poinsettia the opposite direction on your second card. I had to do a double take to make sure it was the same. Really love the embossing on the first, plus those beautiful gold pearls. So many things to adore about each!

Loll said...

Two beauties, Marcia! LOVE this gorgeous poinsettia stamp and you've coloured it to perfection. The bold red and green really sing! Love it over top of the embossed evergreen. Adds lots of texture and dimension. The second card is so pretty with the red showing through the hemstich border. Lovely! xx

Bonnie said...

I love the rich red of these poinsettias, Marcia! Two GORGEOUS Christmas cards, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Two beauties, Marcia!! Thank you for the beauty the was in my mailbox!!

Evelyn S. said...

These cards are stunning creations! That RED...wow! Beautiful crafted and embellished!

Cara said...

Thieve are so pretty! I love the way you’ve added the gold centres, it really finishes off the card beautifully. Thanks for joining us this month at The Flower Challenge, hope to see you next month too. Cara DT x