Monday, November 14, 2022

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #27

Hello friends.  Finishing up with some Christmas cards and playing along with the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge where I fell in love with the mood board...


I loved all the photos, but especially the cute little kitty all tangled up in the Christmas lights!  I don't have many cat images in my collection though as we are really dog people, so here's my take on the photo...


This CAS card depicts our dog Daisy as she tries every year to help with the decorating!  Truly she tries, but I have to be honest...she just doesn't have much skill in this area and needs to leave the decorating to me!  

This little cutie comes from MFT's Deck the Howls and was colored with my Copics.  I also used some WOS on the lights, so in real life they really do sparkle!  I die cut the opening using MFT's Peek-A-Boo Rectangle Die and placed a scrap of striped dsp from my stash (I think it's from SU!).


 The sentiment also comes from the Deck the Howls stamp set and I finished with a few Clear drops: Iridescent from PFS.  A really quick and easy card, but that's what I need right now to finish up my stash so I can get busy and address them and get them mailed out on time!

You can check out all the FABULOUS inspiration from the DT right HERE to play along if you need to finish (or get started!!!!!) on your Christmas cards!  This challenge is open till the 17th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Birgit said...

Adorable, Marcia! Dixon used to get excited when I brought out the decorations too, but then he'd become bored of it very quickly and watch me decorate from his throne (the couch).

Cat Craig said...

So cute... and I think cats prefer to go after the lights once they are on the tree...lol. Love the simplicity of the card and the cute and festive factor is off the charts.

I Card Everyone said...

Mr. Calvin always very carefully found himself a bough to nap on - and never tangled lights or knocked off one ornament... 'on cat's paws' is a thing!
LOve your darling pup and have no trouble imagining Daisy helping Mom with the decorations! But it's that sentiment that really caught my attention - so fun, Marcia!!
=]

Loll said...

So cute. LOVE your sweet dog and the perfect sentiment to go with it. Great CAS design, Marcia! xx

Bonnie said...

How fun, Marcia! I love this pup with his Christmas lights! He looks so dapper with the striped background and ready to start decorating!

Lisa Elton said...

Adorable, Marcia!

Lia said...

Oh, that doggy is sooo cute. What a lovely card!
Lia DT POE

Leslie Miller said...

It's adorable! It doesn't need one single thing more to make it any better. Perfection happening here. Love the dog and the sentiment and your write up. I'm smiling!

TK said...

What an adorable little fella! He looks quite pleased to be tangled in all those pretty lights!