Monday, November 21, 2022

Color Hues #53 - SCARLET & GREEN

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Color Hues Challenge today where they are looking for SCARLET and GREEN.


Last year I was gifted Concord & 9th's Home For The Holidays Stacks Dies and had not used them yet, so I figured it was high time I got them out and used them!  I spent some time die cutting all the house and tree pieces in shades of Scarlet and Green and ended up with enough pieces to make two cards for today and still have enough pieces left over for another card later on!  My first card is extremely CAS and also uses a new embossing folder/die combo from SSS Pine Landscape.  Take a look...


 I used foam tape behind the Pine Landscape for dimension, and then added one of the houses (there are 3 different shaped houses in the set with all kinds of different pieces you can use to make many, many different designs!) in the center of the white trees.  


There are tree dies that also come with this set and lamp posts too, so of course I added both!  The sentiment is from a set that coordinates called Home For The Holidays, and the banner die is part of the house die set.  A little bit of glitter was added to some of the snow pieces that fit the tops of the trees and rooftops.  Did you notice the teeny tiny little wreath and bow...love that!!


My 2nd card uses 3 of the houses and SSS's Forest Border embossing folder for my background.  This card has a little bit more going on than my first card, but I'm loving how this one turned out too!


The sentiment is the same as the 1st card (it just really fits both these cards!!) and I placed it at the top for this 2nd card.  So, two cards that use all the same product and colors, but just enough difference to tell them apart!

 Do you have a favorite??  I like them both and can't believe I waited so long to pull this set out and have a play...will definitely be using this set again!!  Make sure you check out all the wonderful cards from the DT using Scarlet and Green right HERE and then play along!  (This is a great color combo if you haven't started on your Christmas cards yet...hint, hint!!)  This challenge is open till the 28th @ 9:00AM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Birgit said...

These two beautiful cards make me think of the quaint little towns in Hallmark movies. These are delightful, Marcia! I love the colors and the embossed backgrounds on each of these, and look at all the little details, like the wreath on the door. Oh my! Wouldn't it be wonderful to live in such a place? Beautifully done, my friend!

Cat Craig said...

Both are lovely Marcia, I might have a slight preference for the first one. Not sure why. Glad you got the set out to play.

Loll said...

These are so sweet, Marcia! LOVE your adorable holiday homes all decorated for the holidays. Love the embossed backgrounds which really add texture and show off those sweet houses. Both cards are so wonderful. You know me ... CAS is my favourite. :) xx

Lisa Elton said...

They're both darling, Marcia but #1 is my favorite!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh my goodness!! I've chosen where I'm going to live - right next door to YOU!
These are so wonderful, Marcia! You must have had such fun piecing these together - with Christmas tunes playing, I'm sure of it! OH what fun!
=]

Nancy said...

These are so terrific, Marcia! If Michele is moving in I guess we are going to be roommates. LOL. Awesome photos too! You have to have patience for tiny pieces and apparently, you do. I do okay unless I have had too much coffee. LOL Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues. Take care!

Karen said...

These are both wonderful, Marcia! That Pine Landscape embossing folder is the perfect setting for the wonderful house and snow-capped trees! I love the banner die with the sentiment, too. I still have a few of those houses I put together last year which you've inspired me to pull out! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

Leslie Miller said...

Geez, Marcia, look at all the cool stuff I have to add to my wish list now. I've done too much shopping this month or else I'd go right now. The embossed tree backgrounds on both cards are enchanting, and those houses -- ack! You know I love them! Just two colors plus black and white... amazing. Everything about these cards is just so pretty!

Bonnie said...

I love both of these, Marcia! They are so pretty in these Christmas colors and I love the backgrounds of each! So much texture! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Cindy Beach said...

Such wonderful cards, Marcia! The first caught my eye and is my fav. I love the dimension of the pine landscape. You have a fabulous eye for design! These are delightful.

TK said...

Sweet card - love all the little details in the stack dies but your embossing folder is great too -- so many ways to us thems!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia I literally squealed when I saw these cards! I have not used my set either, so now I'm inspired. The white glitter paper is so perfect for snow on the roof! Thank you so much for sharing at the Color Hues!