Monday, November 7, 2022

Color Hues #52 - Turquoise & Mustard

Hello friends.  Playing along with one of my favorite challenges today...Color Hues and they are looking for TURQUOISE and Mustard on our cards.


My first thought was to do a Christmas card using these 2 colors as I still need a few more made for my stash, but these colors definitely said AUTUMN to me, so I changed direction and here's what I came up with...


I started by stenciling my background using PFS's Kaleidoscope stencils and Gina K inks Honey Mustard, Turquoise Sea, and a bit of Tranquil Teal for the dots.  I matted this layer to a Turquoise Sea layer and attached both to a top folding white card base.  Next I die cut all my wheat pieces from The Greetery's BotaniCuts: Wheat Dies with white cardstock and then ink blended them with the Honey Mustard ink.  I arranged them on a Crimped Circle Die Cut (also The Greetery) that I blended just a bit of Turquoise Sea ink onto.


I finished by using an older PTI die called Counting My Blessings Die Collection from Turquoise Sea cardstock and added foam for a little dimension.  I also added a small twine bow to the wheat bundle for a little extra something, something.

There are so many BEAUTIFUL cards from the DT to inspire you using this color combo, so check it all out and play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till Nov. 14th @ 9:00AM.

Would also like to add this card to the current Double D Challenge who would like to see cards that are inspired by Thankful - Blessings - Grateful.  You can find it all right HERE to play along!



Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!




9 comments:

Birgit said...

This card is the perfect use of those two colors. The golden color of the wheat stands off nicely with the turquoise. This is stunning as always, my friend.

Bonnie said...

What a perfect use for these colors, Marcia! I LOVE this wheat and you've placed it perfectly on that wonderful stenciled background!

Cat Craig said...

Marcia, the wheat is perfect for your mustard and the teal looks fabulous with it. I can't say I was loving this combo when the challenge came up...but you have made it work beautifully.

Karen said...

Saw your beautiful card on Instagram this morning, and left a comment there, but came by to see it again! Love everything about it!

Loll said...

Gorgeous stenciled background, so perfect using the challenge colours Marcia! Love the wheat. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Would you just look at this. Such pretty colors and dies, and I can imagine it was a lot of fun creating the stenciled background. It's warm and soft and everything I love. Thanks for sharing it in our Double D challenge, Marcia!

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty!!

I Card Everyone said...

I know I left some love at Instagram, but I really wanted to see this 'freshly harvested' wheat 'enbiggened!'
It's amazing! and perfect with your pretty turquoise stenciling!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

You have such a talent and eye for design, Marcia! This is stunning! Your color choices are lovely, and the wheat dies are such a warm focal point. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!