Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Double D Challenge Nov. 2022 - Hot Beverages

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D Challenge where they are looking for Hot Beverages.


I am NOT a coffee lover, but I do like hot tea and definitely hot cocoa, so I used an old favorite stamp from Impression Obsession (E8612) to come up with this card...


I stamped my image with Versafine Black Onyx ink and then heat embossed with clear before coloring the sweet cup with my Copics.


After fussy cutting my image, I attached it to a background that I used a Spellbinders embossing folder on (Holiday Floral Swag).  I did use foam tape behind my image for a bit of dimension, and I also added some glitter to the whipped topping for a bit of holiday sparkle.  The sentiment comes from SU!'s Poinsettia Petals stamp set.

Pretty CAS but I really like the way this one turned out, and it's still cold enough here in Michigan that I wouldn't mind a cuppa right now!  Lots of wonderful inspiration from the DT, so check it all out right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till Dec. 4th at 8:00PM.

Wishing all my American friends a very happy and blessed Thanksgiving tomorrow!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Birgit said...

This is perfectly sweet, Marcia! I adore the polka dotted cup of hot cocoa over the beautifully embossed background. CAS but so rich in texture. Lovely, lovely my friend!

Viv said...

Wow such a fabulous card here Marcia ! trying to get back into commenting now too lol ;) hugs Viv xx

Kara Lynne said...

Such a gorgeous backdrop for your yummy cup of cocoa! I love that you added a bit of glitter to the whipped cream for added cheer! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, my dear friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Delectable, and delightful, Marcia! Isn't that the perfect little nook for your darling cup?
=]

Loll said...

Sweet. Love your delicious looking cup of hot cocoa paired with the beautiful embossed background. Great card Marcia! xx

Cat Craig said...

Love the texture added with the Ef. happy thanksgiving.

Bonnie said...

What a darling cup for your hot chocolate, Marcia! And an awesome embossing folder! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, my friend!

TK said...

Sweet cup of cocoa! Love the polka dotty cup (so fun), soft colors and that stunning embossing folder! Sweet card, Marcia

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, gosh, the stamp is so cute as well as pretty the way you colored it. Your card really caught my eye as I was scrolling through the DD gallery. Now I take a closer look and see how much more fabulous it is than in the little thumbnail. Love the embossing and the way the cup sits in the sweep of foliage. Brilliant, Marcia! Thanks for sharing with us at Double D!

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with that sweet polka dot cup! Perfectly delightful card, Marcia!

Barbara said...

Perfectly done with the oldie but goodie and that Holiday floras swag. Looks so inviting and delicious! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Double D Challenge.

Darlene said...

OMG this is just GORGEOUS my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

PS ... please feel free to share this beauty with us over on our embossing challenge ... here's the link: Can You Handle the Pressure