Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #59 - GREEN & GOLD

Hello friends.  A brand new month and time for a new Color Hues Challenge!  This time around we are looking for GREEN and GOLD...quite fitting for the upcoming St. Patrick's Day holiday, wouldn't you say?!!  

I don't have a lot of St. Paddy's Day stamps, but do have one from Colorado Craft Co. that I absolutely LOVE, so that made my choice for today's card very easy!  Take a look:


Why is it the little mouse stamps are SO much cuter than the real ones?!!  This little guy from CCC is called 4 Leaf Clover and I think he's just adorable surrounded by all that GREEN!  I heat embossed the image first in gold and then colored the little guy up in some neutral Copics (W1 - W4) and the clover in YG06 and G07.  


After I finished all my coloring I used the smallest stitched rectangle die from Gina K's Master Layouts #2 to die cut the center of stamped image.  I adhered the center piece to my card base and then added the outside frame that I added foam tape behind for some dimension.  I finished with a bit of gold cord and my sentiment from PTI's Tiny Tags stamp and die set, and a few gold metallic pearls from PFS.  Very CAS and this cutie will be going to our youngest daughter for her birthday on the 20th.  Hard to believe my baby will be 28!!

We have LOTS of inspiration for you from our talented DT and our Special GD, so make sure you check it all out right HERE and then play along with us!  This challenge is open till March 14 @ 9:00AM, and we look forward to seeing YOU in the gallery!


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I'm the lucky one to see this darling little mouse again, Marcia - you know I cannot resist these guys!
Just as sweet as a card can be!
=]

Cindy Beach said...

This card could not be any cuter with this SWEET mouse surrounded by clover. Great card, Marcia! I love the tiny tag with the sentiment. It adds just the right touch!

Cat Craig said...

Darling card, and I love the incorporated frame. So sweet.

Julie B said...

Aww, how cute is that mouse Marcia?! A fun take on the new colours. :)

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, isn't this the sweetest choice for green and gold! These little storybook mice are the cutest things. I love how you did the popped up frame leaving nothing behind. Adorable, Marcia!

Bonnie said...

This little guy should have lots of good luck, Marcia! He looks quite happy with his four leaf clover! Such a fun card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

This little fella always makes me smile! I like him all dolled up in gold today. Fabulous card, Marcia!

TK said...

Sweet! Adorable image, great use of the colors and definitely better in card form than real (the mouse, that is)! This is a very sweet card, plus an extra fun use of the die cut being flat and the outside frame being lifted.

Birgit said...

This is adorable Marcia! He is a lucky little fella to find the only clover with four leaves. I love how you popped up the frame, allowing the clover to flow over. The gold embossing is a genius way to meet the inspiration guidelines.

Nancy said...

That little mouse is just so proud of himself for finding the four-leaf clover! This is as darling as can be and I can see why he was your obvious choice.

JulieP said...

This is just adorable!!! I love all of her designs. Love how you die cut out the center of your panel.

Karen said...

That's one of the few St. Patrick's Day stamps I have as well, and your card is delightful. I love the way the shamrocks move across the card!

cm said...

Your cute mouse looks quite pleased to have found a four-leaf clover in the midst of the field! A fabulous image for the colour challenge!
~carol

Stef Perry said...

That was the first stamp set I thought of when I saw this color combo and I'm so glad you used it because your card is absolutely darling, Marcia! Love the inlay center and the cute sentiment tag (is that an old PTI stamp set? I think I still have one with tiny sentiments from 10+ years ago...). So very sweet!

Tracey McNeely said...

Hi my friend, so sorry it took me so long to pop in. I absolutely love that sweet bunny, coloured so perfectly with green and gold!