Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Double D Challenge - Easter

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D Challenge today and it's all about EASTER!


I have a twofer for you today...one a cute bunny card, but first one that says what Easter is really all about.


I totally owe the inspiration to Dana Kirby for her card (HERE) and reminding me about the wonderful tulip dies from The Greetery (BotaniCuts: Tulips and also the It's a Wrap: Posy Pocket die.)  I feel like I die cut a million tulips for this card, but really just 2 of the medium size ones and 7 of the smallest.  I cut them from Real Red (SU!) cardstock and sponged each piece with Cherry Cobbler (SU!) ink.  I think my fingers are permanently stanined red!!  Haha!!  I used Old Olive ink and cardstock for the leaves.  


My white background was die cut with a PFS Stitched Diamonds coverplate die, and then adhered to a piece of Old Olive cardstock and a white card base.  My dsp for the posy wrap is from PTI's Bitty Big Pattern Pack in Kraft and my sentiment which explains the whole meaning of Easter to me is also from The Greetery (Empty Grave) and was stamped in black, heat embossed in clear, and then die cut with the coordinating die and foam adhesive added to the back for dimension.  There were a LOT of pieces to this card, but I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out!


And now for a little fun and a completely different direction, how about a little Bunny Hop?!  I started with Concord & 9th's Markered Turnabout Stamp for my background (ask me how many color combinations I made while I had it positioned on my MISTI?????  Yes, it is a little addicting!!), and then started adding different elements.  The fence is a die from PTI (Picket Fence Die) and then added two of the bunnies from Tim Holtz's Bunny Hop dies.  I love how they're both climbing the fence!  (Can bunnies climb in real life??)  I added a tiny pompom to the bunnies bottom that is facing away from us...makes me smile!  


  The grass at the bottom was die cut from some sparkly green paper with a Gina Marie Designs die, and the tiny flowers are from an older Spellbinders die set...I also added some sparkly clear Stickles to the centers of the flowers.  My sentiment comes from PTI's Just Sentiments: Spring Blessings and the little butterfly die cut is also from a Gina Marie Designs die set.  I finished with a piece of sparkly turquoise thin ribbon that I think is from SU!.

There is LOTS of absolutely BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT over at the Double D and you can see it all and play along right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, April 2nd @ 8PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



9 comments:

Vicki said...

This is stunning, Marcia! Amazing dimension in the tulip bouquet and beautiful embossed background. Love the colors and and overall design. Thanks for sharing at the Double D Easter Challenge.

Cat Craig said...

Two beautiful cards Marcia. The amount of detail in each is amazing. That picket fence die is fantastic...you'll hear more about that soon.

Leslie Miller said...

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia! You've made an absolutely gorgeous card to celebrate the Easter occasion with your wrapped tulips. It's amazing what you can do with a little cardstock and ink. Lots of cutting, but a card like this is well worth the effort. Thank you for sharing your Tulip card at Double D. It's stunning! Now, I'm just tickled by your second card with the bunnies! Hey, anything can happen in your imagination and I think this is a perfect picture of two bunnies scrambling over a fence. A hop and a scramble. Front and back. They're so cute! I really like the background, too. I didn't know there was any such thing as a plaid turnabout stamp. Live and learn!

Lisa Elton said...

Your deep red tulips are beautiful, Marcia and I love them all wrapped up in gingham! Seems like I always get inky fingers before going to Mass... oops! Those fun bunnies are a darling way to celebrate the arrival of spring!

Diane said...

A beautiful card with the bold, red tulips, beautifully designed, the bunnies card is downright adorably CUTE and so fun that they are climbing the fence!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Stencil Fun}

TK said...

Love, love, love your first card -- and the true meaning of Easter; but how fun is your Spring bunny card?!!! Two great cards here, Marcia

Birgit said...

Oh my word, these are fabulous!!! Those tulips are brilliant in red. So worth the stained fingers. ;0) I adore the bunnies climbing over the fence. I thought the background was printed paper, but of course it's hand made. You do everything top notch! I really like that sentiment too. Sweet, sweet cards, my friend!

Bobby said...

What a lot of work those tulips must have been but they are gorgeous, Marcia. The inking gave them such dimension. I have a different tulip die and couldn't decide if I wanted to take the time to do all that cutting but after seeing yours I'm getting it out. Thanks for the inspiration.
Thanks for the smile too. Those bunnies are adorable but all those tiny flowers must have been a bugger. I'm so glad you like to fiddle with those things because your cards are so creative and wonderful, my friend.

Bonnie said...

Such gorgeous tulips, Marcia! Love the rich red shade and the pretty paper wrapper! And those bunnies make me smile big time! I think they normally go under the fence, but it's fun seeing them climbing over! Love that plaid background!