Thursday, March 30, 2023

Seize The Birthday #258 - Things In A Garden

Hello friends.  I'm playing with the Seize The Birthday Challenge today and they are looking for Things In A Garden on your birthday cards.


I've been working on replenishing my birthday card stash (again!!) and had some fun with the PFS Magnolia Pattern stamp and stencils.  My card is a CASE of a card done by @createdbyjackie on Instagram that I just fell in love with and had to copy.  Here's mine...


After stamping the image in black, I used the stencils to just lightly add the blues, purples, & greens.  I think what I liked about Jackie's card so much was that she hardly added any color, whereas I tend to usually be a little more heavy handed with my ink blending.  I think the combination of the blues and purples in such soft amounts is beautiful!!


I added the 3 strips of cardstock in matching colors and then added my die cut sentiment (The Greetery - Everyday Labels) with foam tape behind for a bit of dimension.  I matted the stamped layer with a blue panel (Spring Rain - PTI) and attached to a white card base and then finished with a few light blue enamel dots.  I think a Magnolia tree would look wonderful in my garden...too bad it's still snowing here in my neck of the woods, and I don't think it would bloom too well here!  Sigh...

I have a twofer for you today, although it isn't a birthday card.  I used the same stamp/stencil design, but made this one into a CONGRATS card.  Take a look...


Same design but soft pinks and oranges this time.  My first thought with the sentiment was to use this one for a graduation card for a young lady (I hate doing graduation cards in school colors...they're never pretty!!), but I was thinking that this card would work well for a baby girl card, and maybe even a milestone birthday!  I'll leave the inside blank until I'm ready to use it.


I just LOVE pink and orange together...one of my absolute favorite color combinations!  I finished off this card the same as the first one, but added some silver metallic pearls instead of enamel dots.

If you need to ramp up your birthday card stash, check out all the wonderful inspiration from the DT right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till April 4th @ 9:00AM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

These are beautiful, Marcia! You did well keeping the colors soft and light. What a great design for any occasion too.

Nancy said...

Both cards are fabulous, Marcia but I have certainly taken a strong liking to your Pink and Orange combo, thanks for broadening my horizons and for joining us at Seize the Birthday! I am starting to realize you have tons of great products in your craft space!

Cat Craig said...

Super cards Marcia...pink and orange are favs for me too...however this time that blue and purple won my heart.

Lisa Elton said...

They're both pretty, Marcia but I'm partial to your favorite pink and orange combo! We had a little snow yesterday afternoon. Today's sunshine kicked it to the curb!

Julia Aston said...

So so pretty Marcia! love the stenciling over the stamping - what a great set and great way to spot color areas! Julia xx

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty stamp stencil combo and I LOVE it in the soft colors, Marcia! I can't decide which color combination I like the best. Both are gorgeous!

Lisa said...

First that image is gorgeous and I love it in both pink and blue. What great birthday and congrats cards to add to your stash.

Leslie Miller said...

I'm completely smitten! I can get heavy with color, too, but then when I see something like this I think how absolutely lovely it is. Sometimes your eyes just need something less to look at. Beautiful gentle shading in either color combination, and the colors are enhanced by the trios of coordinating card strips. I've always loved those particular art deco sentiments. Sigh... can't have everything! I agree about how the congratulations sentiment can be used for many occasions, and you'll know when the right one comes along.

Cathy said...

Such pretty cards Marcia, love both colour sets and the spot colouring with the stencil is so effective, love the look, thankyou too for joining in at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

I Card Everyone said...

Gosh, I leave home for three days and look at the beauty I've missed!!
Marcia, I may be CASEing that gorgeous blue color scheme, too! Just extraordinary, my friend - BOTH of them! These sentiments/dies are perfect for this background!
=]