Monday, March 6, 2023

Double D Everything Is Coming Up Green Challenge

Hello friends.  Lots of GREEN out there in blogland lately and I'm playing along with the Double D Challenge where Everything Is Coming Up GREEN! 


Our youngest and middle daughters both have birthdays in March, and both love the color green, so I have another birthday card to share today using a couple new Honey Bee items.  The stencil set that I used for my background is really a Valentines stencil (Hearts In Bloom), but I stenciled it all in shades of green and I think it worked out beautifully for a March birthday.  Take a look...


Besides the new stencil set, I used a new die set from Honey Bee called Heart Hugs and I just couldn't resist adding this little hedgie to my card!!  He's holding a heart that I edged in Versamark and heat set with gold embossing powder.  I also added a little green sprig from Spellbinders Be Bold Blooms.


My sentiment comes from Gina K's Birthday Trio Die set and I used vellum for the background layer, and then ink blended the "HAPPY" with green ink and added the "Birthday" in black to add a POP against all the green.  A few glitter gems (PFS) finished off this card.

Lots of GREEN inspiration going on over at the Double D challenge, and you can find it right HERE to check it out and play along.  This challenge is open till March 12th @ 8:00PM.
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


7 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Your sweet card is sure to be a hit!

Bonnie said...

Definitely perfect for a March birthday, Marcia! LOVE this sweet hedgehog with his green and gold heart and that stencil is definitely not just for Valentine's Day! Your daughter will love this!

Lisa Elton said...

Those hearts worked beautifully for your birthday card! That hedgie is a cutie. I'm patiently waiting for this birthday die set to get back in stock, it looks great here. This is extra sweet, Marcia. Happy Birthday to your girls!

Birgit said...

This is adorable Marcia and just perfect for the Double D challenge! The green stenciled hearts are fabulous and such a great reminder to think outside the box when we're looking at holiday specific sets. They can be used for so much more. I adore these little critters too. Super, super cute card! Your daughter will love it!

Darlene said...

OMG how cute this is Marcia! Great idea to stencil that heart background in lighter green shades ... worked perfectly! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Triple B ... NEW CHALLENGE BLOG

I Card Everyone said...

How could anyone resist this cutie? or having another birthday just to receive this darling card?? Love him to pieces, Marcia!
=]

Leslie Miller said...

Marcia, you have a gift for making the most cute, fun, fabulous cards! I love the stenciled background and sure never would have associated it with Valentines as you've done it in green. The adorable critter with his heart and leaf stem is right at home in the garden. Love the sentiment, too. Thanks for playing with us at Double D!