Monday, March 27, 2023

Fun With THE TON

Hello friends.  Had fun playing with a new stencil from The Ton called Darling Dahlia and a new die too from SSS yesterday, and thought you might like to see what I've been up to.  I have 3 cards to share with you  today...one Dahlia I cut in half (the stencil is a 6 x 6 size) so I could make 2 cards, and the other card I'm going to show you first uses the color combo I shared on the current Color Hues Challenge (Blue & Turquoise).


I just love all the layers on this Dahlia and it only uses 3 stencils!  I started with a light turquoise for the 1st stencil, blue for the 2nd stencil, and then a darker turquoise for the 3rd stencil.  (Inks are all PFS.)  I die cut my stenciled panel with the Nordic Frame Dies from The Greetery and then layered it over a piece turquoise cs and attached both to a white card base.  The sentiment is from Memory Box's Just A Note Posh Script dies, and then I finished with a few glitter gem stones from PFS.


This card uses one half of the stenciled Dahlia that I did using 3 shades of pinks and a bit of red.  After cutting the flower in half I fussy cut both pieces.  For this card I SSS's Detail Petal Plate to cut all the tiny holes in the white layer that I added the Dahlia half to, and then adhered that to a black layer and a white card base.  The leaves are a separate stencil from The ton and I fussy cut those too after stenciling them.  Here's a close up so you can see all the detail that cover plate die adds...


I did add my die cut Happy B To You (SSS) before I used the cover plate die, so it has all the pin-point detail too.  I finished with a few crystal gems from PFS and really like the way this one turned out!


My last card uses the other half of the Darling Dahlia and it was made very similar to my 2nd card...I just changed out the white background using a new Spellbinders embossing folder called Stylized Calla Lily and my sentiment which is another Memory Box one...Thank You Posh Script.  The clear gems are once again PFS.

So now you know how I spent my Sunday...stenciling and die cutting away!  

I am going to add my cards to a new to me challenge called the Triple B Challenge...Birds, Blooms, & Butterflies, and also to Darnell's NBUS Challenge since I've never used the stencils, the Happy B die, or the Spellbinders embossing folder before.





Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



12 comments:

Diane said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards and I love The Ton stencils!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane TB Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Triple B}

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

These cards really turned out beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration!

Darnell said...

What an ideal way to spend a Sunday, Marcia! All three of your dahlias are spectacular!!! ... That's one exclamation point for each card because it's impossible to pick a favorite! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Leslie Miller said...

I do believe this is one of the most beautiful stencil sets I've seen. The detail is so fine and perfect, which I'm sure has a lot to do with your expertise in using it. All cards are gorgeous with your backgrounds and framing and details. Love the new embossing folder, too. I haven't used this one yet, but it's waiting... This is one of the best ways to spend any day, I think, and just look at the results! Fabulous!

Lisa Elton said...

Your blue and turquoise version is a show stopper, Marcia! The backgrounds with your pink blooms add wonderful interest without distracting from the main attraction! A trio of prettiness, my friend!

TK said...

Gorgeous! These are all fantastic, and so pretty in color and details. love the extra texture and interest that our plates add to your already pretty cards

Cat Craig said...

Not a bad way to spend the day! Gorgeous big blooms. So beautiful.

Birgit said...

These are absolutely gorgeous my friend!! That oversized dahlia is beautiful stamped in these colors. I love how you cut it down to make two cards. Double the love! The detail on the pinpoint card is amazing!

I Card Everyone said...

I came looking for your darling bookmark and found these DAHLING Dahlias that I totally missed! forgot to borrow this - add it to the pile!
Loving the pinks and especially this second one that has been pierced!
Beautiful cards, Marcia!
=]

Bonnie said...

This is a gorgeous dahlia, Marcia! I love how you colored it both ways! The pinpoint detailing is awesome! I love the texture it adds and that you used it on the whole card front! The turquoise and blue combination make this dahlia shine and so nice that you got two cards from the pink one! Looks like a very productive and fun Sunday!

Julia Aston said...

Wow - that dahlia is gorgeous Marcia! Both in pinks and blues! Julia xx

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous stencil and it works so well in these colors too. Super beautiful cards.