Saturday, March 11, 2023

Peace On Earth Challenge #35

Hello friends.  Trying to keep up with making a Christmas card every week or two, and the Peace On Earth Challenge is helping me stay on track!


I was inspired by the photo on the top left with all the trees and decided this was the perfect time to bring out my Concord & 9th Tiny Trees Turnabout stamp and dies.  I have quite a few of the turnabout stamps, but hadn't used any in quite some time and had to dig out the instructions on how to set up my MISTI with the jig and template, but it all came back rather quickly once I started!  Once I finished the card it sat on my desk for a few days as I wasn't sure I liked it.  I am mostly a CAS stamper, and this card is WAAAAAYYYY busy, but it's grown on me and I kinda like all the small details.  Take a look and let me know what you think...


I stamped the background with the turnabout stamp using Pinkfresh Studio green inks in 4 different shades, and then die cut it using The Greetery's Crimped Rectangle Dies.  I matted it to a piece of green cs (Gina K) and then adhered both panels to a top folding white card base.  Next I added an offset Crimped Circle Die cut (The Greetery) in white to the background and added 5 of the die cut trees that come with the stamp set and added gold embossed ornaments to the top right and bottom left trees.  


 I also embossed in gold my sentiment strip and wish it showed up as gold in my photos instead of black...grrrrrrrrr!  I added some gold thread underneath my sentiment for a bit more shine and that shows up pretty well in my photos, so just imagine that the sentiment matches the shine of the thread!!  It definitely is a busy card, but it really does grow on you and I had fun making it, so I guess that's all that matters!  :0)

There's lots of wonderful inspiration from the DT that you can check out right HERE if you'd like to play along.  This challenge is open till Thursday, March 16th @ 8PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



8 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Being a patterned paper fanatic I have to say I just love your background! And you made it yourself! It's so cute and festive with lots of fun little things to spot as your eyes go along. Loving the greens and gold. This is the month for it! The larger trees in the foreground are perfect and then there's that merry little sentiment. Very festive!

I Card Everyone said...

The soft greens of your turn-about are keeping this from being to busy to be CAS, Marcia! It's lovely, as are these darling Christmas trees in the foreground! I have no problem imagining that sentiment in gold, my friend - it's a lovely Christmas card!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Ohh, now that my Easter cards are finished...I need to get on that Christmas train again. Love what you did with the turnabout. Fabulous trees.

Bonnie said...

Love all these different Christmas trees, Marcia! I think it worked perfectly for this challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

I like all of the topsy-turvy trees in the background and the wonderful shades of green you used! This is a fun Christmas card, Marcia!

Lia said...

This is a nice interpretation of the moodboard. I like all the different trees!
Lia DT POE

Birgit said...

What a fun pattern in the background. I thought is was printed paper until I started reading. Wow!! What a fabulous card!!

Bobby said...

With the crimped circle to back the larger trees your card looks fantastic, Marcia. I love how the trees in the turnabout match the dies.