Friday, March 10, 2023

The Flower Challenge #78

Hello friends.  Playing along with The Flower Challenge today and this month they are looking for Die Cuts and/or Stencils.



In my head it's SPRING, so I pulled out my beloved BotaniCuts: Crocus dies from The Greetery and came up with this card...


I die cut all the pieces from white and then used my sponge daubers and Oxide Inks to color them up.  I know Crocus's don't come in pink, but I just wanted a touch of a 3rd color to add into my little cluster.  


I wanted to make a background for my cluster, but very soft so as not to take away from my pretty crocus's.  I used vellum and stenciled on it using Gina K's Lush Leaves Stencil with some green ink that was left on my blending brush.  I attached the vellum to my card base and then added another layer that I die cut the circle opening from using Penny Black's Stitched Circle Dies.  I did add foam tape behind this layer to add some depth and dimension for my flowers.


My "Spring" sentiment also comes from The Greetery and was die cut 3 times and stacked together for a bit more dimension.  I thought about inking the die cut sentiment, but in the end decided to leave it plain white.  The "BLESSINGS" was heat embossed in white on a strip of black cardstock and adhered below.  I finished with a few silver metallic dots from SU!.

You can check out all the fabulous inspiration HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till the 25th @ 5:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Birgit said...

These crocus' are so pretty Marcia! The soft background on vellum is just perfect and I love the circle die you used too. A beautiful spring card!

appledaylady1309@aol.com said...

You were right - it's beautiful! nice job.

Bonnie said...

I loved these crocus flowers when you used them last year and they are just as pretty now! Your coloring is spot on and they look so nice with that stenciling in the background and the pretty die cut circle!

I Card Everyone said...

OH my goodness! Marcia, I see your crocus and think I'll have to have a play with those, too! BTW I think I did find pink when searching for a photo for inspiration! LOve the added grass and lovely circle die, too!
=]

Cat Craig said...

I love crocus' and all the rest of the spring bulb flowers. Love that you added one in pink...it does round out the grouping. Fabulous card.

TK said...

Crocus are a perfect flower for this time of year, and you've colored them beautifully. Love this card, Marcia!
BTW - I found them in pink... called Firefly Snow Crocus...

Bobby said...

When you used the crocuses before I was intrigued, Marcia. Enough so that I recently bought the dies. I haven't used them but after seeing your lovely creation I will be breaking them out to make some Easter cards. Your card design with the soft stenciling and circle aperature is wonderful, my friend.

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful crocus blooms, softly shaded with just the right touch. A lovely leafy background, too, all framed in pristine white. Love that you left the sentiment white, too. Our crocuses are done now. All rained out. They don't last long, sniff sniff.

Viv said...

Marcia your card just screams Spring with the pretty crocus flowers. Such a beautiful card too, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

nancy littrell said...

So many things to LOVE about your beautiful CAS Spring Crocus's card, Marcia:-) You are a Top Pick too:-) I love how you colored your pretty die cut crocus's and arranged into a little bouquet with the softly stenciled leaves background, die cut circle framing and wonderful white die cut Spring sentiment. TFS your beauty, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy