Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Double D - Color Challenge

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D Challenge where this time around they're doing a COLOR CHALLENGE featuring a fun mood board using Summertime drinks in 4 different colors.


 Definitely looks like Summer, doesn't it?!!  I couldn't decide on one color, so I chose 3 and decided to make a set of notecards featuring Summertime fruits that make up these yummy looking drinks.  Let's start with my favorite fruit right now as strawberries are in season in Michigan and they are oh so good this year!!


I started with an old PTI Scalloped Tag Die for all 3 cards and cut 2 for each one, scoring the tab on the 2nd one and gluing it to the 1st one at the very top so the card could open and close and stand up like a regular card.  Next I added a square of Pure Poppy cardstock and piece of Bitty Big Pattern DSP in Pure Poppy for my background, and then added my die cut strawberries from The Greetery's BotaniCuts: Strawberries.  I die cut everything from white and then ink blended all the color on to the strawberries, leaves, and flowers.  The sentiment is from SU!'s Sweet Strawberry set.  A piece of red gingham tied at the top and a few metallic pearls for the flower centers finished off this 1st card.


   My 2nd card uses PTI's Harvest Gold cs and dsp for the background and then the lemons are from The Greetery's Lemon Blossom set.  I added some glitter to the centers of the lemon slices for a little sparkle, and then finished with my heat embossed white on black sentiment and a couple tinsel gems from SU!.


I used PTI's Blueberry Sky cs and dsp for the background on my 3rd card and the blueberry image is from SU!'s Berry Blessings stamp set.  Hard to see in my photo, but I used my WOS glitter pen on the leaves and that adds a nice soft shimmery touch to them.  I finished with more of the black & white gingham ribbon and a few blue tinsel gems from SU!.


Here they are all 3 together, and you can see that I used red, yellow, & blue...I left out the purple from the mood board, but I was ok with only making 3 cards this time around.  I think this set will be going to an older friend of mine who doesn't get out much anymore, but still loves sending out cards to family and friends, and I know she will appreciate this small gift.

Lots of colorful inspiration for you from the DT and you can find it all right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till Sunday, July 2nd @ 8:00PM.

Editing to Add:  I am also adding this post to the Word Art Wednesday Blog.



P.S.  I have added a new follow.it button at the top of my blog IF you are interested in getting an email notification each time I publish a new blog post.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



13 comments:

Birgit said...

These are so sweet, in every sense of the word, Marcia! I love your fruity trio of tag cards and I have no doubt that your friend will be touched by you kindness. The printed papers behind each fruit are playful and fun. These are just darling!!! I'm so glad you linked up to the Double D challenge too. Wishing you the best of luck!

I Card Everyone said...

Your homebound friend will be so happy to have these darling note cards to send, Marcia!
I love that you used a different PTI pattern for each color and those sweet little scalloped squares make the cutest little notes!
Thanks for adding followit - it will be so nice to find you in my inbox again! [I've been using IG for a heads up and it doesn't always work!]
=]

Bobby said...

I can't thank you enough for adding follow.it to you blog, Marcia. I miss so many of your wonderful posts because I can't remember to check you out even though I have a list on my computer.

These fruity cards are fantastic. I can't believe you have all that matching PTI paper. They made great backgrounds for the beautifully colored fruits. I have that tag die and never think to make a card from it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Lisa Elton said...

I saw these little beauties on FB and love them! This is one of my all time favorite PTI tags. Your fruity creations fill them perfectly!r You friend will treasure this thoughtful gift, Marcia!

Loll said...

Thse are adorable Marcia. They are the essence of summer! Your friend is going to love getting them. xx

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous set of summery cards, Marcia. How fun each one was and love that the shape and ribbon tie them all together in a set. Nicely done.

TK said...

Adorable tags, Marcia! These are so fun!

TK said...

Yay! for the Follow.It!!! (you don't really have to post this comment - lol)

Darlene said...

OH Marcia ... these are just AWESOME! What a fun take on our challenge theme! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

Leslie Miller said...

Those summery drinks are delicious, aren't they? I'm so glad you made this cute set because I spotted them right off when I was cruising the DD gallery. I've got a thing for fruit stamps and dies this year, but trying not to overdo it. Each card is so fresh and pretty, and I love the sentiments you put with them. I have an older friend who will take as many of my cards as I can spare, though she's not homebound. She has trouble sleeping and gets up in the middle of the night and writes cards and letters. She's very chatty! I need to get back to it. Thanks for always playing with us at Double D, Marcia. I love seeing your cards there.

Karen Letchworth said...

Each one is so lovely, Marcia. You really nailed the Summer theme with these beauties. I would LOVE to have you come play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. We have great prizes and always Anything Goes/Family Friendly challenges. Your wonderful art would be such a welcome treat. I hope you will stop by to play along with us.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

I Card Everyone said...

I'm back to report this was in my 'news' today from FollowIt and delivered at 9:05 this morning, Marcia!
Thanks so much for a wonderful day! xx
=]

Bonnie said...

What a bright and pretty set of note cards, Marcia! All your fruits are so juicy and delicious looking and the backgrounds perfect! Your friend will love these!