Tuesday, June 20, 2023

The Flower Challenge #81

Hello friends.  Playing along at The Flower Challenge today where they are asking for our FAVORITE flower.


I have many favorites...Tulips, Dahlias, Roses, Daisies and many more, but today I think I'll focus on Poppies!  There's something so simple about Poppies compared to all the other flowers out there, but it's the shading of the colors that gets me every time with these sweet little flowers!  I have 2 cards for you today...one stenciled and one die cut.  Let's start with the stenciled one using my all time favorite stencil from The Ton called Precious Poppies.


I used PFS's ink to stencil the leaves and the 3 different colored Poppies, and then also went over the leaves with a Polychromos pencil to give a bit more definition.  Next I used PFS's Simply Diamonds coverplate die to die cut my stenciled panel and then placed it all back on a top folding white card base.


I finished my card with a die cut and embossed sentiment from Honey Bee's Bitty Buzzwords dies and stamps, and a few white crystal gems from PFS.  Pretty simple really, but I love the way it turned out!


My 2nd card used scraps of cardstock and inks from SU! along with dies from Honey Bee's Lovely Layers Wildflowers.  I've had these dies since last Fall and am just getting around to using them...seriously need to quit buying and start playing with what I have!!  Maybe...


 My sweet friend Leslie gifted me with a bunch of frame die cuts from Spellbinders (Infinity Punch & Pierce Plate Dies), and I thought this black one framed these Poppies beautifully!  I added a foiled sentiment (also Spellbinders) and that was all it needed.

LOTS of absolutely beautiful inspiration from the talented DT to inspire you to play along right HERE, so check it out.  This challenge is open till June 25th @ 5:00PM.

I'd also like to enter my die cut Poppy card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge since I've had these dies waaaaaaay longer than I'd like to admit before finally using them!




Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I could hardly make my fingers type fast enough, Marcia! OH MY GOODNESS your colors on this wonderful stencil are so dynamic and beautiful! I would have been scared to death to run it through my die cut machine - yours worked perfectly!
That black frame is as stunning as your second batch of die-cut poppies, my friend!
Thanks so much for playing with us at The Flower Challenge - now to go see which one you chose to share!
=]

Colleen said...

Absolutely stunning poppies, my friend! The first is my favorite, but the second is so gorgeous with the black frame!

Leslie Miller said...

Marcia, your stenciled card is absolutely ahhhh-mazing! The die cutting of the entire image is daring and magnificent. Flawless execution and beautiful colors. And, ohhhh, those poppies! It's never too late to bring them out of hiding. I have lots of much older never-been-used-stuff and getting older every day. Beautiful use of the die framing the poppies. You really showed it up prettily. I would be happy if the outer frame was the only piece to the set. It would be hard to pick a favorite flower, but deer don't eat the daisies so it's nice to have lots of those. If only they bloomed longer.

Cat Craig said...

Marcia,
The die cutting of those beautiful blooms is an amazing way to add some interest to something already beautiful. I love the added texture. You were right that black frame from Leslie is the perfect setting for your die cut flowers. Two gorgeous cards, my friend.

Bonnie said...

Two gorgeous poppy cards, Marcia! Your stenciling is amazing and I love how you die cut the whole design piece then put it back together! Your die cut poppies are gorgeous! I love all the dimension and the black frame really makes them pop!

Loll said...

LOVE both your poppy cards Marcia! The colours of the first are so pretty together. They are bright and happy. So creative to cut the panel with your coverplate and piece back the design ... it's awesome! Your die-cut poppies are so dramatic with the shading and especially with the black frame. Amazing work, my friend! xx

Birgit said...

Two gorgeous cards today Marcia. Oh my, how scary to cut through that beautifully stenciled panel, but the results are stunning! The red die cut poppies pop right off that black frame, which is gorgeous in its own right. So glad you used your NBUS.

Lisa Elton said...

I'm playing catch up after our vacation and I've missed a whole lot of pretty! Each card is as wonderful as the next, Marcia! Congrats on the new grandchild!!

JoAnn said...

WOW! Two beautiful cards. Love the black and red one (have those dies but have not used them yet. Your colors are so pretty on the firs card. I feel like Michelle, it would be very hard to die cut all the pretty flowers but your card turned our perfect. Thanks for sharing these beauties.

Viv said...

Such fabulous cards Marcia and such pretty Poppies too, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Bobby said...

I wish you had 'follow by email' on your blog, Marcia. I keep forgetting to stop by. The first card is lovely and die cutting the whole panel was such a unique way of adding texture and dimension. The poppies on the secon card really pop with the wonderful black frame. I have that die set and you will be seeing it soon. ;) Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Flower Challenge.

Helen F. said...

Wow! Both of your cards are fabulous. And your first card is absolutely gorgeous, Marcia! I am off to check out The Ton and PFS to find this stencil and coverplate! :-)

TK said...

Gorgeous poppies, Marcia! Each card so different and yet so beautiful

Darnell said...

Poppies are one of my favorite flowers, too, Marcia, and I love how you have arranged them and colored them in both your designs! That black and red number is especially striking! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! (p.s. I happened to see your exciting news ~ congratulations!👶 It's a lovely photo of your three pretty girls!) Hugs, Darnell