Friday, June 23, 2023

Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge #42

Hello friends.  Still trying to keep up with my Christmas cards and playing along with the Peace On Earth Challenge.  The have another wonderful mood board to inspire us...


This might sound a little goofy, but I was inspired by the SHINE of the ornaments in the top right and bottom left photos on the mood board, and although you might be saying "What SHINE?" when you see my photos, in real life this card really does SHINE!!


I used an older technique I learned from Jennifer McGuire where you mask off all four sides of your panel (I used washi tape) and then ink blend the opening and then "paint" on Perfect Pearls over the ink blending.  I used a couple shades of red (Gina K inks) and then the perfect pearls over top.  Next you remove the washi tape and then run the panel through an embossing folder...I used SSS's Holiday Greenery.


Next I stamped and Copic colored my image from MFT's Santa's Elves and fussy cut him out.  I did use some of the perfect pearls on the ornament, and again, in real life it really SHINES!!


 To finish I simply stamped one of the sentiments from the stamp set and pop dotted the elf image.  Pretty quick and easy and I'm loving all the SHINE!!

The talented DT has some awesome inspiration for you, so check it all out right HERE and then play along.  This challenge is open till Thursday, June 29th @ 8:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

This is adorable Marcia! You did well to capture the shine in your photos. These little elves will always be on the list of favorite Christmas images. Love how you added the embossing over the shine. Well done my friend!

Cat Craig said...

That is a lovely technique for fabulously shiny cards. YOur choice are perfect and make for a super festive and fun card.

Leslie Miller said...

The shine is beautiful with a twist of embossing, and what a great background to highlight your darling elf! It appears as though he's about to hang his ornament on one of those branches. It's a festive and fun Christmas card -- my favorite kind!

Lisa Elton said...

I need to try this technique, I love the way it looks! I see shine here and it's wonderful. That cutie patootie elf always makes me smile. This is a delightful card, Marcia!

Bonnie said...

I thought maybe you were inspired by the red, Marcia! Love all the shades of red and the sparkle and shine! You nailed this challenge, my friend!

Helen F. said...

Such a festive Elf on your Shiny embossed panel! Love this technique, Marcia ~ and love your Christmas card!

Loll said...

The shine from your perfect pearls over top of the red ink is amazing! Love that sweet elf. Great card Marcia! xx

TK said...

Beautiful shine! Love the sweet elf and your card is so pretty

I Card Everyone said...

The best part is that I'll see that shine for myself tomorrow, Marcia! yippeeee!
Just love seeing one of my favorite little elves again! He looks so good on top of your pearly embossed background!
=]

Bobby said...

I love that technique and made quite a few cards when I first saw it so I know how it shines, Marcia. It works so well behind your darling little elf.