Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge #41

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge where they have the most gorgeous mood board to inspire us along with all the FABULOUS cards from the DT!  Here's the mood board...


Such an elegant mood board!  I love white Poinsettias, so I had to go with the top right photo as my inspiration, and using a Waffle Flower stencil called Layered Poinsettia came up with this...


I tried to use a very LIGHT hand with the light green for the flower leaves to differentiate them from the regular leaves so they still had a white look and feel to them on the white background.


Here's a closer up so you can see the leaves a bit better.  I used Gina K's Master Layouts #2 to die cut my panel and then back it with a layer of gold mirror cardstock, before attaching to a white card base.


I finished this card with a die cut sentiment in the gold mirror cardstock from Memory Box called Special Merry Christmas, and a small die cut Poinsettia from Waffle Flower's Layered Poinsettia Die that I also lightly blended a bit of green ink to on the centers.  Pretty simple but I love the way it turned out!!

Make sure you check out all the BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT over at the Peace On Earth Challenge site and then play along to get going on those Christmas cards...you know it will be here before you know it!!  This challenge is open till Thursday, June 15th @ 8:00PM.
   

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, Marcia. Love the stenciled pattern below those fab poinsettias.

Em said...

The most beautiful poinsettia I've ever had was white and when I saw your card it jumped right off the screen to me and I loved it.

Leslie Miller said...

This is absolutely beautiful, Marcia! I've always had a great fondness for a soft green and white combo. In fact, I simply love white flowers of all kinds. Especially lovely with the gold sentiment and the added white poinsettia with gold pearl center. It appears you're doing a good job growing your Christmas card stash!

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

Your stenciled background is marvelous, Marcia and I love your die cut bloom added to it! The gold brings a wonderful element of elegance to the mix. Pretty card!

Loll said...

WOW! This card is GORGEOUS! Love the white poinsettia with the hits of green. Amazing work, my friend! xx

Darlene said...

OH WOW! PERFECT take on our mood board! What a GREAT job you did on your stenciling! STUNNING overall design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
Co-Owner
PEACE ON EARTH
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

TK said...

Gorgeous! I absolutely love that you went with the white poinsettias, and you've mastered that challenge perfectly -- so soft and serene yet breath-taking

wienerhoneymooners said...

Just GORGEOUS!!!! Love what you did with this great inspiration board!
Inspired me to join in too!

Birgit said...

This is gorgeous and so perfectly stenciled! I love the soft coloring and added color for depth. The die cut poinsettia and additions of gold add a beautiful touch of elegance. This is just lovely!!