Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Double D - Lemon-Ade The Yellow Color Challenge

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D Challenge where they have a FABULOUS mood board featuring my favorite color YELLOW!!


I don't know how anyone could not be inspired by this mood board filled with sunshine and the happy color of YELLOW!!  I hadn't made a pocket card in a looooooong time, so I got out my yellow cardstock, inks, dsp, & stamps and dies and went to work and came up with this...


I started with a piece of white cs cut at 4 1/4" x 11" and then scored at 5 1/2" and again at 9 1/2", then folded the cardstock in half, and then folded the 1 1/4" piece forward to create a flap.  You can glue the inside side edges down if you wish, but I just used a piece of ribbon to hold mine closed, and that makes the pocket.  


My lemon slices are actually orange slices using dies from The Greetery's Dried Citrus Slices, and I die cut them from white and added yellow ink around the edges.  I also added Glossy Accents on all the little segment pieces, and it gives a really nice shine in real life.  My gingham dsp is from My Favorite Things and the black and white strip is from PFS's Lemon Lush background stamp that I stamped in black and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  The sentiment and green leaves are from SU!'s Sweet Citrus stamp set, and then ribbon, black twine, and gems are all also from SU!.  This card will definitely work for a Summer-y birthday and there are LOTS coming up between family and friends this Summer!

On a personal note, we had a baby shower this past weekend for our youngest who is expecting her first in August, and I was finally able to get a picture of all 3 of our daughters together!


Our oldest who has 3 children is on the left, and our middle daughter is on the right...and obviously our youngest daughter is in the middle.  We are SOOOO excited to have another grandchild and this one will be local...YAY!!!  God is good!!

And now back to my card...you can play along with this challenge right HERE and there is LOTS of inspiration from the talented DT to inspire you to play along in this fun challenge.  It's open till Sunday, June 18th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


8 comments:

Vicki said...

Fantastic card, Marcia. Great job with the lemon slices. The glossy accents are a nice touch. I love the gingham and floral papers. This zesty card is classy and elegant. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, Lemons or Yellow Challenge.

Birgit said...

Love your sweet and sunny pocket card Marcia! What a fun design to make an interactive card. Your girls are all beautiful!!! Calla looks very happy. I'm super happy for all of you with this new addition to the family.

Bonnie said...

Ooh, congratulations, Marcia! Three beautiful daughters and another blessing to have a grandchild nearby. Love your pocket card! I have never made one and now I want to. Maybe I can follow the directions. Your lemon slices and yellow gingham are so crisp and happy and the bit of black and white makes the yellow even more luscious!

Diane said...

Love~love your beautiful pocket card, so inspiring!! Your daughters are beautiful and congrats to you all for the new baby to arrive, so exciting!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, I am puckering up just looking at your wonderfully juicy lemon slices! YES to yellow and you found so many ways to incorporate it into your sweet little pocket card!
How wonderful to see your darling daughters in one photo - they are all three adorable and Calla looks so cute!
Love how you decorated, my friend - that tablecloth is so cute! Those balloons must have taken the wind out of Chris!
=]

Loll said...

Congrats on your upcoming addition to the family, Marcia!! How exciting! And what a lovely photo of your three daughters.

Your pocket card is so fun and bright ... perfect for summer. I don't know if I've ever make one of these, but they are really sweet. xx

Leslie Miller said...

Hi, Marcia. I'm sorry to be lagging behind. It's been hard here lately, but dipping my toe back in the water now and wanted to stop by. This really is the prettiest mood board and your card is a ray of sunshine. Love the pocket design and the ribbon gives a little more wiggle room inside. I'm so happy you shared a bit of your life with good news and a happy picture which also, by the way, coordinates nicely within your post. Congratulations on the soon to be arrival!

Bobby said...

Wonderful picture of your girls, Marcia. The youngest looks a lot like you. How great to be expecting another grandchild.

You have so many wonderful elements on your lemony pocket card. I love the slices and adding GA is such a good idea. I thought the black and white was DSP.