Thursday, June 29, 2023

Triple B Challenge June 2023

Hello friends.  Getting in on the tail end of the Triple B Challenge for this month where they are always looking for Birds, Butterflies, & Blooms.


No birdies in my card today, but I do have blooms and a butterfly.  And no roses like the inspiration photo shows either, but lovely Wild Blooms (a PTI stencil) that I was inspired by from one of PTI's DT members Leanne that you can find HERE.  I just loved the more earthy tones she used for the blooms and had to CASE her!  Here's what I came up with...


Even though the colors are more earthy, they still look Summery to me.  I stenciled the blooms with Lemon Tart and Honey Nut inks (PTI) and the leaves with Gina K's Fresh Asparagus ink.  There is also a touch of Amethyst Allure ink (also PTI) on the little dotted flowers, but most of them were to the far left of my panel and got cut off when I trimmed it down to fit in the Border Bling: Scalloped Frame (PTI).


Once my stenciling was done, I stamped the Psalm Reflections: May (PTI) verse over the top and then finished off with a few gold tinsel gems (SU!) and a tiny butterfly that is 2 layers...bottom layer is white cs heat embossed in gold and the top layer is vellum that was heat embossed in gold as well.  I used a couple Copics to color in both layers of the butterfly before attaching to the card.  A pretty simple card but I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!!

Only one more day to play along with this months challenge, but boy is there some BEAUTIFUL inspiration for you to look at from the DT and all the players in the gallery!  You can find it all right HERE.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



7 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh my friend, this is stunning! I love the earthy tones you used for the stenciling and that verse is a good one to hold on to! The lacy frame edge is just perfect for this sweet, sweet card.

I Card Everyone said...

Now I wish I'd have tucked this stencil in my borrowing stack - I love it more every time I see you use it, Marcia! This card is ten times prettier in real life! SOO beautiful..
=]

Bonnie said...

Love these sweet flowers and the colors you've used all framed up so pretty, Marcia! That little butterfly is exquisite! A beautiful card, my friend!

Bobby said...

I love that stencil and it's out of stock right now. :( The flowers are lovely in that wonderful scalloped frame, Marcia.

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully done, and that 3d butterfly is a perfect embellishment.

Leslie Miller said...

Your stenciling is absolute perfection, Marcia! I love the earthy yet garden fresh tones, and the bit of extra femininity with the lacy frame. A beautiful verse, and the butterfly is like a jewel. Gorgeous!

TK said...

Marcia, your card is sheer gorgeous-ness and perfection! Beautiful stenciling, beautiful butterfly, and oh that AMAZING stamp! Love it