Friday, June 16, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #66 - YELLOW & GREEN

Hello friends.  It's the middle of the month, and that means it's time for a new Color Hues ChallengeKaren is our wonderful hostess this time around and she is looking for cards with YELLOW and GREEN.


This is such a bright and fun color combination that I couldn't stop at just one card, so I have a twofer for you today!  My first card is really more of a Spring card than Summer, but it just looked so pretty in the yellows and greens that I couldn't resist.  My sweet friend Michele foiled me a couple of her Spellbinders Wonderful Tulips, and let me use the coordinating stencils too.  I did it up in the yellows and greens and came up with this...


Isn't it so pretty in the gold foiling and all the shades of yellow?!!  I love how the coordinating die cuts just the right side of the tulip cluster too!  If I would have thought ahead when I was at Michele's house I would have used the die to cut the card base too, but in the end it was easy enough just to trace around the edges lightly with a pencil on my folded cardstock to make a matching base and glue the foiled and stenciled part onto the card base.


I used Pinkfresh inks for the stenciling, and then finished the card with a few yellow gems from PFS and one of the sentiments from the Wonderful Tulips set.


This card actually started out with the Spellbinders Seamless Floral Background embossing folder that had just come in the mail and I wanted to try it out.  I had also just received a freebie stamp set (The Stamp Market's Meadow Fresh Florals) from Michele who had mistakenly ordered the set a 2nd time, so perfect time to try it out with my new ef!  I die cut a circle opening into the embossed panel and then layered a piece of PTI's Bitty Big Green Parakeet dsp behind the circle opening.  Next I stamped and fussy cut 2 of the smaller flowers in the set and the coordinating leaves and tucked them into the circle opening.  I added foam strips behind the embossed panel to give a bit of dimension.


My sentiment strip is from Spellbinders Everyday Sentiments II Hot Foil Plates and was foiled with Aura foil (sure wish I could have captured the sparkle and shine!!).  I finished with a few gold metallic pearls from PFS.

The DT and our Special GD Michele all have some AMAZING inspiration for you to get started, so check it all out right HERE and play along with us!  We'd love to see YOU in the gallery!!  This challenge is open till June 28th @ 9:00AM. 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


14 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

You have taken those products and made them all your own, Marcia - with your usual awesome pizzaz and style!
LOve that you managed to create a matching card base - your fussy-cutting skills are amazing! Yes, yellow - YES a perfect time to bring out tulips! Now, why didn't I think of that?
Glad you like those Fresh Meadow florals - these look so sweet peeking out from our newest folder!
Thanks for the sweet welcome, my friend - you know how much I love hanging out with your Color Hues team!
=]

Julie B said...

Tulips are not just for Spring, these are perfect in their sunny, summer splendour! :)

Karen said...

Love both your creations! I've coveted that tulip hot foil plate every time I've seen it, and your card is just gorgeous! Your fussy cutting is wonderful--I would never have guessed you hadn't used the die. The embossed frame on the second card is so beautiful.

Birgit said...

Both of your cards are stunning Marcia! Those tulips are so gorgeous and perfect in yellow. I love that you fussy cut the front of the card too. It makes such a wonderful shape to the card. The embossing on the second card is beautiful as well and I love the cheerful plaid in the background. Both cards are pure spring / summer delight!

Nancy said...

I am in agreement with Karen, your fussy cutting on your gorgeous Tulip card is fantastic! I just love that card so very much! As for card number two, love the EF and the pretty florals popping out. Both cards are wonderful! Have a great rest of your weekend.

Bonnie said...

Love, love, love these tulips and the shaped card, Marcia! So, so pretty! And the second card with the circle cut from the embossing and the pop of yellow behind the sweet flowers works beautifully!

Leslie Miller said...

Hooray, yellow and green! Spring, summer, or fall... anytime is a good time for these cheery colors. Love your beautiful shaped tulip card, and the embossing folder makes a wonderful background for your second card. Joyful to look at, beautifully done, I love your cards, Marcia!

Linda said...


Two beautiful cards, Marcia. Love your tulip shaped card. Isn't stenciling the best technique to create such gorgeous floral cards. And add the gold foiling and they are stunning. Your second card has so much texture with the EF and the plaid pattern paper behind you pretty flowers. Fantastic cards, my friend.

Stef Perry said...

Oh Marcia, I was so impressed with your clever shaped card and then I read that you fussy cut it plus the flowers on the 2nd card? Wow, such talent I do not possess, so I am always in awe with such beautiful results! I do love the foiled tulips with the yellow and green - seems like a perfect match. And then your design of the 2nd card with the flowers popping out of the embossed layer is wonderful. In fact both cards are just spectacular, my friend!

Hannelie said...

Great use of our challenge colors on two stunning cards Marcia!

TK said...

Two beautiful cards out of the challenge colors -- so pretty! The tulip card will probably go missing (check Michele's house first)!

wienerhoneymooners said...

WHAT a stunning gorgeous Tulip shaped card!! WOW!!! Gorgeous!|


The entire team really knocked it out of the park this challenge!!
So INSPIRING!!!

-love it
-Kimberly

cm said...

Two absolutely lovely cards, Marcia. I'm 110% smitten with the tulips; they're gorgeous and to transformed into a shaped card makes them all the more sensational. I've not dived into hot foiling but sure love seeing the magic others create in using it!
~carol

Cindy Beach said...

Such beautiful cards, Marcia! Your tulips are so elegant and I love the shaped card idea, you are so creative! The second card is stunning, Such a gorgeous use of our colors. Love that EF! PS. - those tulips have made their way to me too. They look great in yellow!