Sunday, July 23, 2023

Double D - Christmas in July Challenge

Hello friends.  Playing along with the Double D - Christmas in July challenge, and here's the wonderful mood board they gave to inspire us...


I was inspired mostly by the traditional colors in each photo of red, white, & green.  I started my card with a piece of Old Olive cardstock and came up with this...


I stamped my piece of Old Olive cardstock with a Penny Black background stamp called christmas story and used Old Olive ink.  Then I ran the piece through my die cutting machine with a new Spellbinders embossing folder called Holly & Foliage.  To make the embossed design even more visable, I used my brayer and white pigment ink to lightly add the soft white ink over the raised parts of my panel.  I love this look...so soft and subtle, but also adds such a beautiful touch!!


I matted this layer to a piece of gold mirror cardstock and then attached both to a white card base.  Next I die cut a gold and Old Olive Etched Berry Branch (SSS) and did a little ink blending on the Old Olive one before gluing it off centered to the gold mirror cardstock one.  After gluing it to my background panel, I added a little gold bow from The Greetery's Fit To Be Tied die set, and then used some red stickles on the berries.  A foiled sentiment from Spellbinder's  Yana's Christmas Sentiments finished off my card.

Have you started your Christmas cards yet?  I have a few but not nearly enough, so I'm loving this Christmas in July challenge to keep me going!  Lots and lots of beautiful inspiration from the DT and you can find it all right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, July 30th @ 8:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I really need to get with the Christmas card program, Marcia! You have given me some very beautiful inspiration today!
Love the way you've embossed that wonderful background stamping and yet it's still legible after adding the white!
A very merry, very beautiful Christmas card!
=]

Cat Craig said...

Lovely techniques. I have started and have 42 made.

Bobby said...

The background is beautiful highlighted with the white, Marcia. I love how you added the gold behind the leafy branch and the red berries really pop.

Bonnie said...

WOW! Stamping, embossing, brayering and die cutting that all fit together for a classy Christmas card, my friend!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful design element that embossing folder technique adds, Marcia! This is a marvelous Christmas card!

TK said...

Gorgeous! LOVE the old olive colors and each precious element of this card, so pretty, Marcia

Barbara said...

This card is so inspiring in color and design. I really like the use of the Greetery tie. Thanks for linking up with us at Double D Challenge

Diane said...

Beautifully creative and fabulous inspiration!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Double D}
{Triple B}
{Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

Leslie Miller said...

It's amazing to think you started with a piece of Old Olive cardstock. Beautiful! The background script gives it the look of designer paper, and you got very good coverage with the white. Then you have that gorgeous berry branch brilliantly layered on gold with the red glitter berries and tied with gold from a set I've looked at so many times. Now I see even more value in it. I'm so glad you joined us at Double D with this gorgeous creation!

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this card is gorgeous! I love the layered leaves, love the background, love the green and gold color combination.