Friday, November 24, 2023

Peace On Earth Challenge #52

Hello friends.  Still trying to finish up these last few Christmas cards, so I'm playing along with the gals over at the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge where they have an absolutely STUNNING mood board for inspiration!


The snow and wintry scenes are so pretty looking when you're viewing from inside your nice warm house, aren't they??!!  I love making wintry scenes on my cards too and have been seeing a lot of cards out in blogland recently where they are using torn paper as a masking edge to make snow banks, so I thought I would give it a try.  Big fail for me...my snow banks looked more like a gray and cloudy sky!  I ended up cutting my paper with gently sloping hills and used that as a mask, and had much better luck!  I have 2 cards to share with you and here's the 1st one...


I started by ink blending at the top of my card with blue ink and worked down to a bit of purple and pink (very lightly).  At this point I did some splattering for snow with white acrylic paint and then added my snow banks with Soft Stone ink (Gina K).  For a first try, I didn't think it looked too bad.


Next I stamped a tree line twice using Gina K's Christmas Greenery stamp set in black for a silhouetted look and also stamped my sentiment from the same stamp set.  A pretty simple card but I really like the way it turned out!


My 2nd card I did basically the same way except in a vertical format and using Lavinia stamps.


I used the following stamps to create my silhouette scene: Christmas Tree Group, Forest Hares, & Forest Scene.  I love the bit of orange blending in this sunset scene...it really adds a pop of color!  These types of cards are very addicting to make, so there just might be a few more coming!

There is a lot of BEAUTIFUL inspiration from the DT for this challenge, and you can find it all right HERE.  This challenge is open till Thursday, Nov. 30th @ 8:00PM.
 

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Marcia, you rocked the snowy hills and valleys! I love your beautifully blended skies and all of the trees in silhouette! but that bunny just steals the show! SO cute!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Your snowy hills look beautiful, Marcia! I love all of the pretty pines on your first card with the soft falling snow. And your bunny looks like he's enjoying the pretty sunset you created. Two wonderful cards!

TK said...

Beautiful blending, Marcia. These are both pretty cards and terrific blending jobs and blending colors -- two great Christmas cards! I happen to LOVE wintry scenes, even in real life

Birgit said...

You totally aced the snowy hills, Marcia! The ink blending you've done in the skies on both cards is beautiful! I especially love the card you made using Lavinia stamps. I'm going to have to get me some of those, I think. Every time I see you use them, I'm in awe of them.

Bonnie said...

Two beautiful snowy scenes, Marcia! Your snowbanks look awesome with perfect shading! I have trouble sponging snowbanks and they usually end up in the trash. You have mastered this technique, my friend!

Bobby said...

The soft blending on the first card is amazing, Marcia, and the snowy hills are perfection. I will be CASEing this. The orange is wonderful on the other card and I love the mix of trees.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful cards inspired by that mood board.

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie, I think you did a beautiful job with your snowy landscapes -- both cards. Beautiful skies. Love the bit of orange in the second sky. You know how I feel about Lavinia and, yes, this type of card is very addicting. Lavinia stamps come together particularly nicely when you have a collection to work with. I thought of Lavinia first thing when I saw this challenge. Once again, it's been a while since I had my stamps out, for shame.

Susan said...

Two beautiful winter scenes!! Love the soft colours in the first one. It's a great take on our mood board. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

LeAnne said...

These are beautiful! I remember the very first stamp demonstration I went to, the demonstrator made a snowy hill and used it as a mask for a tree, very similar to this! I WAS HOOKED! What a fun technique and still amazes me 20 years later!