Monday, August 26, 2024

Peace On Earth #70

Hello friends.  Slowly getting back into the swing of things here in blogland and trying to get going on Christmas cards before December gets here!  Playing along with the Peace On Earth Christmas Challenge where I was inspired by their beautiful mood board!


The top left photo of the snowy Christmas trees inspired me to get out my Lindy's Magicals and a press plate from Spellbinder's (Season's Greetings Evergreens).  I have two cards to share with you, both using the same press plate but different green Magicals on each one.  Here's the 1st one...


 I started by tapping the Ponderosa Pine Olive Magicals onto my cotton cardstock and then spritzing with water to get all colors and shine from the mica flakes moving.  I so wish it showed up better in my photos as the gold shimmer mixed with the shades of olive green really is magical.  Once it dried, I used my Betterpress system with black ink and pressed the line of trees into the colorful background.  


You can see a touch of the shimmer here in this closeup, but nowhere near how bright it is in real life!  My sentiment is also pressed using Delicata Gold ink, and that is also really shimmery IRL.  I matted my panel with a piece of matte gold cardstock and an off white card base to finish.  Kind of an artsy card, but I really like the way it turned out!


My 2nd card was made the same way as my first except I used a different Magical (Lucky Shamrock Green).  I also did a bit of splattering with both white and gold acrylic paint to give the scene a snowy and magical look.  I cut the panel down and added a thin layer of black matting before adhering to a off white card base that I also tore the bottom edge and added a strip of black cardstock to so that the card could stand upright.  Lots of shimmer and shine to this one too IRL!!  The sentiment and black enamel dot are both from Gina K.

Lots of beautiful cards to inspire you from the DT that you can find right HERE if you'd like to play along and get started on those Christmas cards.  This challenge is open till Thursday, Aug. 29th @ 8:00PM.


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Two GORGEOUS Christmas cards, Marcia! I love your magical backgrounds with these beautifully pressed pines!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I love the pine forest press plate & your showcased it beautifully with the magicals, Marcia!! Especially love the Northern Lights look of card one & the yummy greens on card two with the torn edge!!

Bonnie said...

Two magical forest scenes, Marcia! I know how beautifully Lindy's shimmer so I know that these are even more gorgeous IRL!

Lisa Elton said...

Those Magicals sure live up to there name! They make for a fabulous background, Marcia. Both cards are lovely, my friend. Thanks for the sweet card today XO

Leslie Miller said...

Wow, your backgrounds are fabulous! I really need to try harder with my Magicals. Way to go with the Christmas cards, Marcia!

Loll said...

Gorgeous image and looks amazing in the two different greens. Love it paired with Magicals that have the gorgeous mica shimmer. I've been playing with them lately too, inspired by you!! xx

Susan said...

Two lovely cards, both great takes on our Peace on Earth inspiration photo! Great wintery feel in both. Thanks so much for joining us at Peace on Earth!

Bobby said...

I always love what Magicals do to a card. I have Brushos which don't give quite the same look and I don't quite know how to control them. The pressed trees are fantastic against the backgrounds. Again you've inspired me to use what I have to make similar cards when I get home - if I remember. I'd better start making notes.

Birgit said...

Both cards are gorgeous Marcia! I love how the magicals do their work. The first card truly looks like the norther lights in the sky. I can see the bit of gold and bet that it is incredible to see in person. Two fabulous cards to help get you on your way to Christmas season.

Darlene said...

OH WOW! These are both just gorgeous Marcia! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What incredibly gorgeous cards, Marcia. I have not made one Christmas card yet, and you are inspiring me a ton. The Magicals are just that. Your color choices for each card are so wonderful. I love the gold mat on the first and the torn bottom edge on the second. Just a big WOW here...