Thursday, August 1, 2024

Color Hues Challenge #92 - PINK & BROWN

Hello friends.  Hard to believe it's August already, isn't it?!  There's a tiny bit of me that's ready for Fall and cooler temps, but only a tiny part!  (Says the girl who LOVES Fall! Hahaha!!)  But anyway, it's time for a new challenge here at Color Hues and our sweet hostess Stef would like to see Pink & Brown on our cards.

These colors said "critter card" to me, so I picked out a fun CCC/Anita Jeram one called Sundae Funday and came up with this...


I stamped this cute little bunny on a piece of white card and then heat embossed in clear so I could color him up with my Copics.  


 I was hoping the spoon and glass that the chocolate ice cream with pink sprinkles are in would show up better showing the Gelly Roll Stardust pen I used, but no luck!!  After I colored up this cutie I lightly ink blended with residual ink from my pink blender brush all around the little guy.


I used a Gina Marie Designs wonky stitched die on my colored layer and added it to a pink card base where I die cut a rectangle window on the front and then used an older Cuttlebug dotted ef to add some fun and dimension.  The sentiment was heat embossed in white on a strip of black cs and then popped up with a piece of foam.  A fun Summertime card that will probably go to one of the grands.

Make sure you check out all the awesome inspiration from our DT right HERE and then play along with us...we'd love to see YOU in the gallery!  This challenge is open till Wednesday, August 14th @ 9:00AM


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


19 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

And now I'M thinking double-chocolate-almond, please!!
Marcia, I do love this little sundae bun-bun - even on Thursday! You've colored him so sweetly!
=]

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I'm thinking ice cream too and it is 8:45 AM! We stalk the grocery stores for sales on Talenti. I think this bun would love it. I love that you put him inside the card and made him visible through the aperture. LOVE the embossed dots. Just the sweetest!

Bonnie said...

This stamp in sitting in my NBUS pile and I'm going to have to CASE this card, Marcia! I LOVE it even more than ice cream and that's saying a lot!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh!!! This is so adorable, Marcia!!! LOVE the pink polka-dot frame and the sweet images from Anita. Great work, my friend! xx

Lisa Elton said...

I love this little bunny to bits and I love the way you've used him! Surrounding him with those pink polka dots is oodles of fun. This is a delightful card, Marcia!

TK said...

Adorable, Marcia! I love this little ice cream bunny -- he's sweeter than the ice cream IMHO

Stef Perry said...

Marcia, you used one of the most adorable JA stamps, beautifully colored, and it's just perfect for summertime, because who doesn't want ice cream in all this heat! Such a fab design too, with the rectangle window on the card front! So sweet, and I absolutely adore it!

Julie B said...

Your sundae bunny reminds me of knickerbocker glories in the beachfront cafe on holiday! A great summery vibe from this card Marcia, and of course I love the polka EF. I always find it easier to colour with Copics before heat embossing as the ink melts the embossing when I get too near the lines! :)

Birgit said...

This little bunny always steals the show. Just as sweet as can be in pink and brown! I'll take a couple scoops of chocolate with peanut butter, please.

JulieP said...

I didn't realize this was a die cut window until I read the description. Super cute idea! And I love how you colored the elements. Just a sweet card, pun intended.

Nancy said...

As I said on IG, you had me at ice cream! Love the dotted background and the cut out frame and every inch of this card. Well done! Next time I have ic cream I want it to be as tall as me. LOL

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful coloring on your sundae loving bunny Marcia! At first I thought you had popped up the pink panel over the bunny - but then saw he was on the inside! Glad you showed the close up of your lovely shading around the image - so pretty! Julia xx

cm said...

How cute is your bunny, scooping into a sundae that's nearly the same size as he is. Your polka dot framing, colouring, blending...everything about this card is sheer delight!
hugs~carol

Karen said...

Love, love, love your card design! That polka-dot embossed frame is fabulous, and of course I love your ice cream loving bunny! Such a cute card, Marcia!

Bobby said...

That was the perfect image for the color challenge, Marcia. Beautiful job of coloring and adding embossing for an extra fun touch

Cat Craig said...

What a fabulous choice for pink and brown.

Cindy Beach said...

Just thinking that August is a perfect month to be reminded of ice cream in such a delightful way! I love this darling card! Your coloring is wonderful and the background and shimmer are the perfect accents!

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia this is the cutest. I love the CCC bunny making a king size sundae, yes please. Would love to join you to tackle the one! Delightful!

Leslie Miller said...

Ohhhh, so sweet!