Sunday, August 4, 2024

The Flower Challenge #94 - Be Inspired By Our Colors

Hello friends.  Happy August and welcome to another challenge here at The Flower Challenge.  This month we'd like you to Be Inspired by Our Colors with your florals!
Aren't those such pretty colors?!  I used PFS inks in Peach Fuzz, Coral Reef, Peony, Sage & Eucalyptus to create my card and came up with this...


I used PFS's Miss Your Smile stamp and stencil set to create a slimline card using the challenge colors.  The size is a bit smaller than a traditional slimline card as they really aren't my favorite size to use, but I just couldn't bear to cut off too much of the design!  I do not have the coordinating dies for this set, so I did a bit of fussy cutting along the top of the largest flower and then around the greenery and smaller flowers so that my embossed background (Spellbinder's Stylized Trellis ef) would show.  


 I used a Smokey Gray panel (SU!) behind the embossed layer before adding to a white card base to pull in the gray color shown on the graphic.  I also foiled my sentiment on the gray cs using Prism foil and Spellbinder's Everyday Sentiments II to pull in the gray color again.  I finished with a few Disco Ball Sequins (Gina K) and am really tickled with the way this one turned out!

We have lots of beautiful inspiration from the DT using these lovely colors and you can find them all right HERE.  We can't wait to see what you come up with using at least 3 of the colors shown in the graphic...it's going to be a beautiful gallery this month!  This challenge is open till Sunday, August 25th @ 5:00PM.  

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



11 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Dies, schmeyes, Marcia - you are such a fussy-cutting pro! I love that stamp and love it even more in these gorgeous colors from our challenge! You should be tickled as it is a really lovely card!
=]

TK said...

Gorgeous! You knocked this one out of the park, Marcia!

Loll said...

WOW! Amazing card using the challenge colours, Marcia. LOVE your beautiful dahlias with the embossed background. xx

Lisa Elton said...

Your expert fussy cutting let that pretty embossing show beautifully, Marcia! This is a marvelous card!

Bonnie said...

Your fussy cutting skills are amazing, Marcia! These flowers are beautiful and I love that you can see the textured trellis behind them! What a lovely use of these colors!

Stef Perry said...

Just a stunning card, Marcia! This floral image looks wonderful in our challenge colors and I'm impressed how you worked in the gray as well. And color me super impressed with your fussy cutting skills - no small feat with this stamp! Beautifully done, my friend!

Bobby said...

Your fussy cutting is amazing, Marcia, and the image really needed that size card to show off the beautiful coloring and that wonderful embossing.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card, love the embossed layer and you chose the perfect color palette.

Birgit said...

How you fussy cut so perfectly is beyond my understanding, Marcia. This is absolutely stunning, girl! Who needs dies when they have skilled hands like yours!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I am joining the "wow can you ever fussy cut!" bandwagon here. This card is so gorgeous. I so love the background EF you chose for staging these gorgeous blooms. Your fussy cutting is sheer perfection!

Leslie Miller said...

Wait... you fussy cut? Perfection! A gorgeous card to swoon over here, Marcia! Love the size and the embossed background. I'm still in catch up mode and I know you understand. I'm looking and loving ALL your cards today!