Friday, August 16, 2024

Color Hues #93 - ORANGE & YELLOW

Hello friends.  It's time for a new challenge at Color Hues and our sweet hostess Tracey would like to see ORANGE & YELLOW on our cards.

I had all kinds of ideas floating around in my head for this color combination, but finally decided on using some Red Hot Poker Orange Lindy's Magicals and a set of new dies from Altenew...Dog Rose Panel A & Dog Rose Panel B.  I ended up with two cards by cutting with each die both the panel I used the Magicals on and also a piece of Crushed Curry (SU!) cs which is a deep yellow color.  Here's the first card...


I used a piece of Pumpkin Pie (SU!) cs for my embossed background panel using SSS's Feather Spiral embossing folder (Thanks for enabling me Bonnie!!), and then placed the two die cut panels that I glued together over the embossed background.  Here's a closer up...


For those of you who have used Lindy's Magicals before, you know the mica flakes added to the powder really SHINES when dry, and trust me, this card really does SHINE!!  I finished by attaching to a white card base and adding a gold foiled sentiment using Spellbinder's Everyday Sentiments II.


This card is just the opposite of the first card and placed on a white embossed background, and another gold foiled sentiment from the same Spellbinder's set that I used in the first card.  Here's another closer up shot...


 Even more SHINE on this 2nd card because the B panel has larger areas that were cut from my piece that I used the Lindy's Magicals on.  I hadn't used my Magicals in quite some time and had forgotten just how pretty they are!  For those of you not familiar with them, they come in a powder form that you sprinkle onto your water color cardstock, and then just spritz with water and watch the MAGIC happen!  Hardest part is waiting for the panel to dry!  Well, for those of us with no patience that is!!  Haha!  (Yep, that's me!!)



And here they are both together.  Do you have a favorite?  I really like both, but maybe the one on the right just a bit more because of how bold & bright it is!

We have lots of wonderful inspiration for you from the DT, and you can find it all right HERE.  We can't wait to see how the ORANGE & YELLOW color combination inspires YOU and look forward to seeing all your creations in our gallery!  This challenge is open till Thursday, August 29th @ 9:00AM
    
Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



18 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Marcia! They are BOTH gorgeous - but I do love that bright orange just a teensy bit more, too! I still haven't gone down the 'magicals' lane yet - maybe you could show me the way one day?
Such a fun color combo for your gorgeous cards!
=]

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - you made the most of that color combo, Marcia - just love the rich orange with the curry yellow & the die cut looks amazing on both backgrounds!!

Bonnie said...

Both the positive and the negative are beautiful, Marcia! You know I love this embossing folder and the die cuts are so pretty in these Fall colors!

Lisa Elton said...

You have some of the best stuff in your crafting arsenal, Marcia! These are both gorgeous. You made Tracey's colors shine!

Cat Craig said...

Two awesome cards, Marcia. I do love the orange just a bit more. Its that punch of color.

Cindy Beach said...

I'm going to be different because I actually like the white card best. Both cards are gorgeous with the shine and fabulous textures. Lindy's magicals is new to me - I love coming to your blog, you are so creative!

Nancy said...

Team orange, here! However, they are both just lovely! The magicals really made these shine. Have a great weekend, Marcia!

Cathy said...

2 gorgeous cards, love the diecut over the embossing and the magicals rock! Cathy x

Birgit said...

They're both so pretty, it's hard to choose a favorite. I do love the bold colors on the one with the orange background, while the white background seems serene and calming to me. Either way, you have two winners here!

Bobby said...

I love anything with mixed colors like the Magicals do and that die was perfect to use with them, Marcia. A two-fer is always a good thing and it would be difficult to pick a favorite.

TK said...

Stunning! Both cards are gorgeous, and your choice of the two colors are amazing! Love that you made two -- reverse!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

These are both absolutely wonderful, Marcia. It's always amazing to see how incredibly differently art turns out when the pieces are reversed. I just love both os these!

Julie B said...

Who doesn't love a twofer! I think I'm in the LIM camp but the bright orange is still a beautiful card. :)

Stef Perry said...

It's been forever since I've used my Lindys powders and you've reminded me of how spectacular they look with your stunning cards, Marcia! I love the marbled effect and I can only imagine the shimmer. Wonderful design with the feather embossed background too! Love these both!

Karen said...

What a fabulous two-fer! I've never tried the Lindy powders, but they're going on my wish list. Like Cindy, I favor the white card, and bet the shimmer is amazing! Great designs!

Leslie Miller said...

Goodness, loving these colors the way you've used them, Marcia. Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry look great together. I'll have to give that combo a try. I've only used my Magicals once and was way too heavy handed with them so they're still sitting. I need to give them another go.

Tracey McNeely said...

Marcia two absolutely gorgeous cards! You made my colours positively shine! Speaking of which I have never used Lindy's magicals but if I imagine based on your description they must have a magical shine. As always your creativity has my jaw on the floor. Well done my friend!

cm said...

Everything about both cards is magical, Marcia! Such beautiful ways to showcase the challenge colours, the Lindy's Magicals and your pretty Dog Rose panels. Love these!
hugs~carol