Thursday, August 22, 2024

Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge August 2024

Hello friends.  It must not be too early for Halloween cards since the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge goes year round, and I have a new die set from Spellbinders that I just HAD to have and play with!



I fell in love with Spellbinders Woof or Treat die set and made two cards for my youngest grandson and youngest granddaughter.  Take a look...


Isn't this pooch wearing the ghost costume just the cutest?!!  I started my background with A Colorful Life's Cloud Edger and my orange blending brush, and added just a touch of pink in the middle since this one is for my granddaughter.  Next I stamped my silhouetted trees from Lavinia Stamps (Forest Scene & Small Trees) in black (can you see my masked full moon behind the tall trees?) and then also added a few bats from Waffle Flowers Happy Halloween stamp set.


I die cut my little pooch from different scrap colors and ink blended around some of the edges too, before adding foam tape to the back and adding him to the card panel.  I added the panel to a black card base and also added a bit of WOS to the eyes, nose & mouth of the pumpkin.  I think Miss Maddy (she'll be 4 in a couple weeks) will be tickled with this card that looks like her pup Oy Boy. :0)


I apologize for the color on this 2nd card...no matter how many times I edited it and re-took the photos, I couldn't get the color to show up on the rays!  They are more the color of the sun all the way to the edge!  But anyway, I think this one turned out pretty cute too and this pup is a dead ringer for my youngest grandson's dog Vinny!  


The stencil for my background is Gina K's Sunshine stencil and I used orange and yellow inks that were already on my blending brushes.  The bats are once again from Waffle Flower's Happy Halloween stamp set, and the "boo" die cut is from SSS's Boo Word Die.  

So two of the four Halloween cards I need to make for the grands done and it's only August...I'm quite proud of myself!  Haha!!  Yes, I am typically a procrastinator!!  Lots of fun inspiration right HERE, and this challenge is open till Wednesday, Aug. 28th @ 8:00PM.

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh my word, these are both just the cutest! Is that Vinny under that sheet?? hahaha! I can see why you fell in love with that die. Your designs are fantastic! The wooded background card is my favorite but they're both so cute!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a darling die set and you've used it beautifully on both cards, Marcia!! The youngest grands will love these!!

I Card Everyone said...

It's such a treat to see your Halloween cards for your sweet grands, Marcia! They are going to think you're the trickiest grandma EVER to get those pups to wear that sheet! SO cahUTE!
=]

Bonnie said...

This Halloween pup is adorable and both backgrounds are fantastic! I LOVE that orange sky and the bright sun! These are perfect for those sweet little ones!

Lisa Elton said...

This is the cutest die set and you've used them so well! Your grands are going to love these so much!

Loll said...

Two adorable cards for your grandchildren, Marcia. I especially love that spooky sponged sky in orange and pink ... what a surprise. :) xx

Leslie Miller said...

Of course you fell in love with them when they look just like Oy Boy and Vinny! Love those names and I adore your cards! My poor Lavinia stamps have been neglected. Fantastic scene you made with yours on the first card, and the second is spectacular with the stenciled rays!

Bobby said...

Your ghostly pups are adorable, Marcia, and you made such wonderful backgrounds to show them off.

Darlene said...

OMG what a fabulous scene you have created! LOVE that sky and OMG how cute is that 'ghost'! Fabulous cards my friend! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Two Old Bats challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Oh my goodness, Marcia!!!! These are both soooooo fun and adorable! Tht forest scene is pretty amazing with the orangey clouds, and that fabulous masked moon. Sure looks spooky! The second one with the stenciled sun is fa-boo-less too! Pup looks a bit nervous - I hope he has some friends on the way to keep him company. These are really wonderful. Your grands will LOVE them, no doubt.