Thursday, August 15, 2024

The Flower Challenge #94 Reminder

Hello friends.  Just a friendly reminder that there's still time to play along with us at The Flower Challenge.  This month we would like you to use at least 3 of the colors shown in our graphic with your florals.

I made a mini slimline this time around using The Ton's Climbing Iris Stencil set and came up with this...


 
This set has 6 stencils and I just love all the detail it gives these Iris's!  My husbands grandmother had Iris's in these colors and she let me dig up a few many, many years ago, and they still bloom every Summer along the side of our garage!  I used the same PFS inks from my earlier post in Peach Fuzz, Coral Reef, Peony, Sage & Eucalyptus.  I used Gina K's Master Layouts dies #7 to cut the main panel and the layering panel in the Smokey Slate cs (SU!) before adhering to a white card base.

My sentiment is from Spellbinder's Better Press A Little Message Sentiments set and I finished with a few of my favorite Disco Ball Sequins from Gina K.

We have more inspiration to share with you to get you started from the DT and you can find it all right HERE.  This challenge is open till Sunday, August 25th @ 5:00PM. 


Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love the soft shade of peach you gave those beautiful iris blooms! I"ll be the real ones are just as spectacular!

I Card Everyone said...

Grandmas are the best aren't they? I was so lucky to get a bunch of beautiful whites from Tom's grandma - so sorry to say I don't have them anymore! I might just have to sneak a few of yours one day, Marcia! AND to play with this gorgeous stencil set!
Such a gorgeous bouquet of peach-y keenness!
=]

TK said...

Peach Iris?! Love! I love iris, and we have several varieties so this hits dead center in my heart. And our prized iris? The ones Hubbs dug up from his Grandma's garden, and we still have, 40 years later!

Birgit said...

Oooh, these are so pretty in peach! I have iris' from my mom's garden too. They bring me joy when I see them in bloom. Your card is gorgeous, my friend!

Bobby said...

Those iris, and any iris I'm sure, look beautiful in the soft peach shades, Marcia.

Bonnie said...

These irises are GORGEOUS, Marcia! I'm not sure that I've ever seen any this color! Lucky you to have some and lucky us that you shared these beauties with us!

Cat Craig said...

SO pretty in those soft tones.

Loll said...

Gorgeous flowers, Marcia. Beautiful stenciling with this lovely colour palette! xx

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Another incredibly gorgeous floral in these fabulous colors. I love those BP sentiments. They are always seem to be the perfect fit for whatever you make. I love iris too. I have deep purple ones that I have had forever in the garden.

Stef Perry said...

I've had many types of iris in my flower beds over the years but never this color. Lucky you that your Grandmother was so generous and it's a nice way to remember her each year I imagine.

Your card is just stunning, Marcia! I love how the flowers fill the panel and the gray mat peeking out is perfect. Gorgeous!