Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Warm & Feathered Hugs

Hello friends.  I really slacked off making Christmas cards earlier this year, so it's time to get crankin' here, and I'm playing with an oldie but a goodie from MFT called Warm & Feathered Hugs.  I stamped the 3 main images in the set and planned to include them all in one card, but just couldn't seem to come up with a layout that I liked.  I ended up making a trio of cards and am happy now that I have 3 more cards to add to the stash...YAY!!


I colored all 3 images with the same Copic colors and Boho Blue cardstock (SU!) and just changed out the embossing folders on each card.  This one uses SSS's Icy Snowflakes, and after embossing it I ran my brayer and white pigment ink lightly on the top to give a bit of a frosty look.  I even used the same ef to emboss a piece of vellum that I placed behind the circle opening before adding my sledding owl.  The Merry Christmas die cut is from Waffle Flower's Merry Christmas Print Die and silver glitter cs and vellum.  


 My 2nd card uses a book-binding fold and SSS's Forest Border embossing folder. (Also did a bit of white ink splattering to mimic snow on this one.)  My sentiment strip is from Gina K.


My 3rd card uses SSS's Filigree Snowflakes embossing folder and I also ran white pigment ink over the embossing to give that frosted look once again.  My sentiment is another pre-printed one from Gina K and I also added a tiny scalloped border around the oval for a little somethin, somethin extra.  


And here they all are together.  Do you have a favorite?  I ended up loving them all!!  I'm going to add all 3 of these cards to the Christmas Kickstart Challenge where they are looking for ANIMAL ANTICS...animals playing in the snow!  I think I definitely covered the SNOW with all 3 cards and the different embossing folders, and my first little guy is having a blast on his toboggan in the snow, and the 2nd & 3rd little owlets are definitely dressed for Winter time fun!


This challenge is open till the end of the month, so join Jo and her Special Guest elf and play along to get going on those Christmas cards...it really will be here before we know it!!

Thanks for stopping by today ... I love it when you do!


15 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Awww - sweet little owl cards, Marcia! All so adorable but I think my fave is the middle one with the owl bundled up in the sweater. Gorgeous embossing folders on each!!

Birgit said...

These are just as cute as can be, Marcia! I adore each little owl but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be a toss up between tobogganing owl and the owl with the scarf pulled up around his neck. Sure must be cold! The different backgrounds on these make for a fun assortment of cards. Yay to you for adding three cards to your stash too!

Bonnie said...

Three is thrice better than one, my friend! Love each of these snowy backgrounds and each owl is a delight and perfectly placed!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, Marcia! These feathered friends could not be cuter! You have highlighted each one so beautifully - that blue is fabulous embossed and given a little snowy treatment. I love them all, but if I must choose it would be this last little owl who seems to be singing his heart out!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This darling set never gets old, Marcia! You've created a charming trio of cards. I like this shade of blue and your embossed backgrounds. The last little fella is my fave, he's just so sweet!

Jeanne H said...

Love all these cards. Now I need to get the stamp set. :-)

TK said...

Super darling! I absolutely love this stamp set, and you made the sweetest cards with it -- once you get caught up on your cards, you're going to catch up mine, right?!

Dotty Jo said...

Oh, Marcia, what a trio of gorgeousness! I love each card and that blue embossing looks amazing. Thanks for joining Gundi and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

donna mikasa said...

Your embossed and brayered cards are wonderful, Marcia! I can see how Michele was inspired and created her own delightful trio!

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... all three cards are AWESOME! These are the sweetest winter owls, Marcia and I love them paired with your blue dry embossed backgrounds. xx

papierelle said...

Oh wow, I love all three cards. Really awesome design and so cute. Thanks so much for joining Jo and me at Christmas Kickstart!! Gundi

JoAnn said...

Love the sweet owls on each of your card and the great backgrounds. A wonderful trio of cards.

Leslie Miller said...

They're all little cuties and so much fun! Such a pretty shade of blue surrounding them, and love each embossed panel with the different snowy treatments. I'm especially taken with the Filigree folder. Hooray for three more Christmas cards!

Bobby said...

You've given me some great ideas for Christmas cards when I get around to making them when I get back home from the lake. You've displayed each critter in such a cute wintry way and I love them all, Marcia.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I have always loved these little owls, Marcia... I love the way you used them on these wonderful cards. The frosted look on the embossing in wonderful. Makes me want to grab a sweater! I love the shade of blue you used on the embossed panels. Each owl is just too cute with those great big eyes. I am partial to the guy on the toboggan, but they are all the sweetest!